Windows 10: Windows 10 won't detect second display on DVI, but Ubuntu will

Discus and support Windows 10 won't detect second display on DVI, but Ubuntu will in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am having an issue with my dual-monitor setup in Windows 10. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. My dual-monitor setup was working fine, until the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tomato500, Oct 7, 2015.

1. tomato500 Win User

Windows 10 won't detect second display on DVI, but Ubuntu will

I am having an issue with my dual-monitor setup in Windows 10. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. My dual-monitor setup was working fine, until the computer complained it was overheating. I blew out the CPU and GPU heatsinks with compressed air. Now it will not detect my DVI monitor, but VGA still works. I have tried switching the cable out for a new one, testing the DVI on the monitor with my MacBook, and I have even RMA'd the card back to EVGA. It will still not detect my DVI display.

But here's the kicker: it works under Xubuntu. I tried booting into my Xubuntu LiveUSB and both monitors work without a hitch. Could it be a driver issue? I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware problem, since I tested both the cable and the monitor, and even sent the card back to EVGA.

What's going on?

:)

tomato500, Oct 7, 2015

2. Dual Monitors not working in Windows 10

<Original Title: Dual Monitors not working>

I had dual monitor setup that worked no problems with Windows 7, after making the jump to Windows 10 though, the dual monitor setup won't work. It's not that the second monitor doesn't show anything, the problem is that both monitors are displaying the exact
    same thing. Whenever I try to detect a second monitor it says that it didn't detect another display, and I also cannot change my resolution. I have an HP 2210m hooked up with a DVI cable and an RCA TV hooked up with a HDMI cable. Any help is appreciated.

CarterWhit, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Second monitor not detected windows 10

What is particularly strange is that windows 10 detects the second monitor when it is powered off, i.e. when it is only connected by the dvi signal cable. As soon as i plug in the power cord and switch on the second monitor, it disapoears from my display
    settings.

PeterStilesXZ, Oct 7, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Oct 7, 2015
  5. tomato500 Win User
    Huh, that seemed to do the trick! I updated the graphics driver in GeForce Experience and both monitors work without a hitch! Thanks!

tomato500, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't detect second display on DVI, but Ubuntu will - Similar Threads - won't detect second

2. [nVidia] - Second Display Not Working? - DVI Monitor & Second HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [nVidia] - Second Display Not Working? - DVI Monitor & Second HDMI TV: Hi, Running current Windows 10 Home 64Bit version 21H1on a fairly new Dell desktop computer. Have an nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super graphic card with newest non-beta drivers. I have a monitor plugged into the DVI port on the nVidia graphic card. I recently plugged a second...
  3. DVI-D display only detected by windows occassionally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVI-D display only detected by windows occassionally: I am running a dualboot machine with Arch Linux and Windows 10, and after getting a new monitor for my machine I realised there was a bit of a problem. Neither my BIOS nor Windows 10 install would recognize the display, but linux has no issue with it. Eventually after having...
  4. Windows detect HDMI as DVI

Windows detect HDMI as DVI: Today 2 forced updated occured and then my resolution went to ****, and I have no audio from my tv, I tried reinstalling the graphics card's driver thrice and nothing, I downloaded the new windows major update, and nothing, I still haven't reinstalled windows but I see...
  5. windows 10 won't detect second monitor

windows 10 won't detect second monitor: This has been asked but the answers don't fit my situation. My old Dell computer was getting wonky so my daughter gave me her Dell XPS 13-9360. She hadn't used it for a long time, so I updated Windows 10 64 bit --it took forever but it tells me now it is completely up to...
  6. Windows won't detect by second display.

Windows won't detect by second display.: I have my monitor and TV connected to my GPU. In Display Settings, under Rearrange your displays I have the 2nd highlighted. Clicking the Detect button will render: Code: Didn't detect another display 161067
  7. Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.

Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.: Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second monitor on my surface pro. It used to detect the Dell S2440L, but I moved locations and set the second monitor up again after it being disconnected for -1- month. It no longer detects the second monitor. Also, the driver is not...
  8. Windows will not detect second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not detect second display: So I have a custom built desktop with two monitors (ultrawide 2560x1080 displayport, and 1920x1080 DVI) hooked up to an XFX Radeon GTR RX 480 Everything worked fine until I recently moved everything in my PC over to a new case. When I started my computer, the BIOS and...
  9. 2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10

2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10: I have windows 10 now and I wanted to use multiple monitors, I have both connected to my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti one through HDMI (This one works fine) and I have one running through a DVI-D to VGA adapter which connects to my other monitor and it doesn't work. I've tried...
  10. Windows won't detect display

Windows won't detect display: So I recently recently reset windows and after I did my second display stopped working. I am using a HDMI to vga adapter on the monitor that has stopped working. I tested the adapter on another monitor and it worked. I reseated the graphics card, I restarted several times...