Windows 10: Windows 10 won't display login screen

Discus and support Windows 10 won't display login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been using windows 10 for over a year now pretty much daily on my desktop self build computer relatively problem free. I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by james1982a, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Windows 10 won't display login screen

Hi all,

I have been using windows 10 for over a year now pretty much daily on my desktop self build computer relatively problem free.

I didn't use the machine yesterday but tried to boot it today. It will display the BIOS splash screen, then the windows swirly circle then nothing. A blank screen.

After turning it off and on 3 times I have got the screen with the troubleshooting options. I have tried the option of repairing the startup. This doesn't work. I have managed to boot into safe mode but am unsure where to go from there. I'm not really sure what safe mode option to choose.

I have booted to an UBUNTU live flash drive and this works fine so I am fairly certain I don't have a hardware issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did notice that someone else has posted a similar problem today but I didn't want to hijack their thread.

CPU is an i5-3570k.

:)

james1982a, Mar 15, 2017
  2. Jacqueet Win User

Surface pro 3 requires password after sleep regardless of settings with windows 10.

Same problem with a little extra...the login screen won't allow me to enter anything. when I touch it, the display screen comes back. when I swipe it up to reveal the login box, it doesn't recognize the stylus and if I touch it, the display screen descends,
    again! The only way I can get it to recognize text is to restart the machine.

Jacqueet, Mar 15, 2017
  3. Can' t get past first screen.

My laptop running Window 10 boots. The first screen displays. It's a touch screen computer. I can move the first screen off to display the login in screen. However, just as the first screen leaves, the login screen fades to a blank screen. After a
    few seconds, the first screen reappears. I just had some suggestions to help, but the suggestion start with the login screen. I can't get to the login in screen.

Help?

Pat SimmonsJS, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Windows 10 won't display login screen

If you are stuck at the black screen with a spinning dot circle I ask wither you have a USB mouse &/or keyboard installed - especially Logitech? If so then remove the dongle & restart, USB dongles are reported to interfere with the boot process especially after an update.

Bastet, Mar 15, 2017
  5. No, not stuck on the spinning dot. The spinning dots show (with the windows 10 logo above), then the screen goes completely blank. Computer still powered up. The only thing of note is I have a dual monitor set up and one of those monitors goes into power save mode which is unusual. I will have a go at unplugging things anyway see if that helps!

james1982a, Mar 15, 2017
  6. I've tried unplugging keyboard, Mouse, WI-FI dongle, graphics table, XBOX Controller. Still the same

I've tried keying in the pin, password on a blank screen. Nothing. I've tried win-p and blindly pressing down - nothing. I'm resisting the sledge hammer at the moment! All my files are on a separate drive so re-installing windows won't be a total disaster but I really don't want to spend weeks downloading all the apps and steam games installed!

For shame - somehow I don't have roll back enabled - I just assumed it was automatic like on win 7 so can't use that option and no disk image *Redface

james1982a, Mar 15, 2017
  7. I've had a play about in safe mode. Looked in the event logs. There's an app throwing up an error message, an LG Electronics program and mobile phone driver which I don't use so I have uninstalled that. I'm not sure if I change something in MSCONFIG or not but I also uninstalled the display driver. Restarted and YES! A login screen. It wouldn't take my pin so I entered my password... Only to now encounter yet another blank screen! *Mad I'm going to leave it on for a bit see if it sorts itself out... I doubt it will though!

james1982a, Mar 15, 2017
  8. Windows 10 won't display login screen

I think I've killed it can't get into safe mode now!

james1982a, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't display login screen

1. Windows 10 won't display login screen - Similar Threads - won't display login

2. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  3. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  4. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen: I have an HP EliteBook 830 G6 laptop, with a usb fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Build 19041.508. I use domain account: OnPremise AS + Office365 two months ago I configured Windows Hello PIN + FingerPrint following these steps: Set 3 policy:...
  6. Laptop won't display login box

Laptop won't display login box: Toshiba Satellite L75D-A7283, Win 10 Home Initially woukd fail to display login prompt upon waking from sleep mode. Now, not even reboot fixes issue. Recent installs include Norton 360 following 'unknown failure', Cura, and Flash Print. Issue is inconsistent. Sometimes...
  7. Windows 10 won't login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't login: I've created a new local user in my win10 but when i try to login i can't, it just show me this error : "The ProfSvc service failed. user profile can't be loaded". when i try to go back and use the old Administrator user i can't find it. i tried to build it using the command...
  8. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen: I have an HP Folio G1 laptop, which has a fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 1803 Build 17134.407. The only option on the login screen is for password. Both the pin and biometic (fingerprint) have disappeared. I'm not exactly sure when this has happened,...
  9. Display won't fill screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display won't fill screen: Someone played with my Surface Pro and now there is a black border around the scree. The display image doesn't fill the screen as it did before. There is about a 1" black border around the display. I can't find a "full screen" setting. Any help?...
  10. Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?: Hi all, I've got a desktop running Win10 64-bit that fails to boot. It will boot to the "spinning circles" loading screen, but after that finishes I don't get the login screen, just a black screen with no cursor...? The 3 System Restore Points stored on the machine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 login screen wont show

2. windows 10 wont show login screen

3. windows 10 wont display login screen