Windows 10: Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie

Discus and support Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is testing a new feature for Windows 10 that would disable the notifications when you’re watching a movie or reading something. Windows 10’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 8, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie

Microsoft is testing a new feature for Windows 10 that would disable the notifications when you’re watching a movie or reading something. Windows 10’s Spring 2019 update will improve the Focus Assist feature and add a new option to silence notifications when the system is in full-screen mode.

What is Focus Assist?

In Windows 10 April 2018 Update or newer, you will find a setting page called ‘Focus Assist’. The purpose of Focus Assist is to automatically silence notifications when users are working on an important project and don’t want to be distracted.

Focus Assist to become more useful

In the upcoming Windows 10 19H1, Focus Assist will get smarter. Microsoft says that Windows 10 19H1 update will make Focus Assist more useful and add a new option that would disable notifications when you’re watching videos, studying or doing anything in full-screen mode.

The feature is not just limited videos as the notifications will be silenced whenever you run something in full screen, regardless of the type of activity. For example, if you enable the full screen mode option in Focus Assist settings, the notifications won’t appear if you watch a video, read a document, work on a presentation or do anything.

Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie Focus-Assist-settings.jpg

It’s a useful feature especially when you’re watching a movie and you’d to reduce all the other distractions to make sure you can watch without being interrupted.

You can access the feature from Settings > System > Focus Assist but the full screen mode option won’t show up if the PC is on Windows 10 October 2018 Update or older.

“Make sure you take a moment to customize your priority list to ensure any notifications you want to break through the rule will appear! If you’d like to turn off the warning notification that’s shown in Action Center after entering focus assist, you can do so by clicking the rule in Focus Assist Settings which prompted the notification,” Microsoft explains.

The post Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Nov 8, 2018
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie

Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie

1. Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie - Similar Threads - won’t disturb notifications

2. Can't watch movies . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't watch movies . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I have a shortcut,for over 50 movies.For some reason, I can't watch any of them?These are all moviesI've, watched in the past.New or old, I just can't see them.When I try, to watch them. The circle, on the screen.Just, spins...
  3. watching movies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    watching movies: When I am watching a movie I get an extension popping up wanting to control video. Sometimes when I move my mouse towards it the extension disappears. I can click on the extension but I can not delete the extension. The extension restarts the video at various times and is...
  4. Colour less contrast if idle when watching movies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colour less contrast if idle when watching movies: Hey so I faced a problem where the colour changes everytime I'm idling when watching movies or netflix. I might be wrong but I think the changes is the colour contrast. Note that this only happen when I'm watching movies fullscreen on Netflix or Videos. This problem doesn't...
  5. Improve Battery Life when watching Movies and Videos on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Improve Battery Life when watching Movies and Videos on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you always find that your Windows 10 device’s battery lasts for a shorter time than you expected, you can optimize Windows 10 for better battery life – especially while watching videos and movies on battery power. Improve Battery Life [...] This post...
  6. Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle: Recommend using Microsoft photos, here you can the add the subtitle can simply clicking the substile icon below the right hand corner. Hope this helps for everyone having difficulties playing a movie with subtitle....
  7. How to watch a movie on movie maker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to watch a movie on movie maker?: Every time I want to watch a video I made on movie maker or edit it (even if it's already been saved) you only get to see it in windows media player, the other problem is, it doesn't let you watch it. I've looked at everything that can help, (I already know, but also not so...
  8. Can't watch 4K movies

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't watch 4K movies: I have searched and searched and tried every "fix" but nothing seems to work. VLC, plays but the video is very laggy with grey pixels everywhere. Windows Media Player has perfect video but no sound. Divx Has video but no sound. Trying to enable sound brings an...
  9. Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10: How to: Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10 [img] Information When watching movies and videos on battery power in Windows 10, you can select to optimize for battery life or video quality. When set to optimize for battery life on devices...
  10. You’re the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users

in Windows 10 News
    You’re the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users: The best real life personal assistants do a few things really well, but for everything else, they rely on a team of experts to get things done. In Cortana’s world, you—the developer—are the expert. Today, nearly 1,000 experts have created Cortana voice commands, so users can...