Windows 10: Windows 10 won't download updates

Discus and support Windows 10 won't download updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 won't download updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LarryV_893, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't download updates

Windows 10 won't download updates

:)

LarryV_893, Oct 9, 2019
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Windows 10 won't download updates :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't download updates

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't download updates

1. Windows 10 won't download updates - Similar Threads - won't download updates

2. Windows 10 Microsoft store won't download or update apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Microsoft store won't download or update apps: I've tried every solution posted online short of completely reinstalling windows, including upgrading windows with the media creation tool. Whenever I try to download updates they all hang on "Downloading..." or Pending. Occasionally one of the downloads will recognize...
  3. My windows 10 won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 won't download: I am soon buying a new pc, but I did not want to buy windows with it because i thought i could download it form an usb. I just tested it on my pc that im still using and when the download is complete is says that the pc has to restart. And when it restarts i get the "choose...
  4. My windows 10 won't download

in Windows 10 Support
    My windows 10 won't download: I am soon buying a new pc, but I did not want to buy windows with it because i thought i could download it form an usb. I just tested it on my pc that im still using and when the download is complete is says that the pc has to restart. And when it restarts i get the "choose...
  5. Minecraft for Windows 10 won't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 won't download: [ATTACH]I click on See Details... then this happens.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-for-windows-10-wont-download/dbbbb8c2-4c0d-40d4-9d44-e845457d6f10
  6. Minecraft for Windows 10 won't download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft for Windows 10 won't download: Hey so a few years back I got my new PC with windows 10 on it. At the time I had Minecraft: Java Edition so I got the free code for the Windows 10 Edition and redeemed it but never got around to installing it. [ATTACH] I now want to play it but on the Microsoft store, it...
  7. iCloud Won't Download on Latest Windows 10 Update

iCloud Won't Download on Latest Windows 10 Update: I recently purchased the new iPhone xS, it won't be here until Wednesday, and I figured now was a good as time as any to install iCloud again after I recently uninstalled it. However when trying to set up iCloud I get this error message. "iCloud for Windows requires...
  8. Windows Update won't download available updates!!!

Windows Update won't download available updates!!!: Windows updates aren't downloading though I have restarted my pc, ran windows update troubleshooter and there is no issue with net connectivity but still the updates aren't installing and it has stuck now. [ATTACH]...
  9. Update KB3081444 won't download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB3081444 won't download: Hi all, i have a genuine activated Windows 10 . But my update is just stuck at Downloading 0% . What is the issue there? is it my antivirus? I have AVG Internet Security 2015 18827
  10. Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049): The Windows Update app says (and shows) that I have updates available but never downloads and there is no option to start the download or manually download. This is a new clean install of 10049 from ISO. Running 10049 64BIT [img] 5474