Windows 10: Windows 10 wont extend to 2nd external monitor, but works if only 1 is linked

Discus and support Windows 10 wont extend to 2nd external monitor, but works if only 1 is linked in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad core i7vpro, using a WAVLINK USB3.0 2K Display Adapter, that supports HDMI, DVI, and VGA independent screens. If I use one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Masis D, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Masis D Win User

Windows 10 wont extend to 2nd external monitor, but works if only 1 is linked

I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad core i7vpro, using a WAVLINK USB3.0 2K Display Adapter, that supports HDMI, DVI, and VGA independent screens. If I use one at a time, or HDMI + VGA, it can identify and extend to each. However, if I do VGA + DVI, the DVI only duplicates the VGA, it doesn't identify to extend to it anymore. Admittedly, all 3 external monitors are older, but they all work to solo extend, or dual extend, except the VGA and DVI together. I have 3 display adapters available, Intel R UHD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, and USB Display Adapter, all 3 are up to date. Please help as I'

:)

Masis D, Sep 7, 2022
  2. Qumar_-_ Win User

External monitors extending issue.

I am trying to connect 6 external monitors to my laptop running on windows 10. I am using DVI-D dual-link to HDMI cable to connect the monitors to the HDMI splitter and HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the splitter to the laptop. There
    is just one problem when I am extending the screens, the external monitors seem to duplicate themselves rather than extend. So instead of 1 to 7 for all monitors combined, all my laptop only detects 1 and 2. 1 being my laptop and 2 being all the other external
    6 monitors. That means that all the external monitors showing me the same thing as in they duplicate and not extend. Any suggestion on it can be fixed so all the external monitors become the extension of my main laptop and do not duplicate?

Qumar_-_, Sep 7, 2022
  3. AJSKappa Win User
    2nd Monitor.

I recently bought a 2nd monitor and I connected it to my PC but there is a problem. The problem is that windows 10 has detected it and I have extended my display but my 2nd monitor wont display anything it just stays black. Can someone help me please.

AJSKappa, Sep 7, 2022
  4. MintKiss Win User

2 External monitors - 1 to extend and 1 to duplicate

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to connect two external monitors to a Surface Pro 4 and have one monitor be duplicating the surface screen and the other monitor extending that screen?

Thanks for the help!

MintKiss, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wont extend to 2nd external monitor, but works if only 1 is linked - Similar Threads - wont extend 2nd

2. Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?: I have 5 machines that are identical in specs. One of the machines detects and picks up my 2nd monitor no issue, however the other machines wont detect it. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting, its not the cable, projection settings, the drivers are the same, etc... The...
  3. Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?: I have 5 machines that are identical in specs. One of the machines detects and picks up my 2nd monitor no issue, however the other machines wont detect it. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting, its not the cable, projection settings, the drivers are the same, etc... The...
  4. Windows wont detect 2nd monitor ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External Screen works only with extend, but not with duplicate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Screen works only with extend, but not with duplicate.: Hi thereWhen I connect my device 'Win 11' to the Samsung Monitor, it works only with extend, but not with the duplicate.could you help, please?Best regardsMohammed Ghaleb...
  6. External Screen works only with extend, but not with duplicate.

External Screen works only with extend, but not with duplicate.: Hi thereWhen I connect my device 'Win 11' to the Samsung Monitor, it works only with extend, but not with the duplicate.could you help, please?Best regardsMohammed Ghaleb...
  7. Windows 10 wont extend to 2nd external monitor, but works if only 1 is linked

Windows 10 wont extend to 2nd external monitor, but works if only 1 is linked: I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad core i7vpro, using a WAVLINK USB3.0 2K Display Adapter, that supports HDMI, DVI, and VGA independent screens. If I use one at a time, or HDMI + VGA, it can identify and extend to each. However, if I do VGA + DVI, the DVI only duplicates the VGA, it...
  8. Windows 10 wont extend to 2nd external monitor, but works if only 1 is linked

Windows 10 wont extend to 2nd external monitor, but works if only 1 is linked: I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad core i7vpro, using a WAVLINK USB3.0 2K Display Adapter, that supports HDMI, DVI, and VGA independent screens. If I use one at a time, or HDMI + VGA, it can identify and extend to each. However, if I do VGA + DVI, the DVI only duplicates the VGA, it...
  9. Only 1 external monitor outputted

Only 1 external monitor outputted: Hi, I have 2 external Dell monitors connected to my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad T490. one monitor is connected by a HDMI cable, and the other connected by a mini USB HDMI adaptor. The monitor that is connected via the mini USB HDMI is always detected in preference to the other...
  10. Only works with external monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only works with external monitor: So my windows 10 laptop uses internal monitor when in safe mode and splash screens, but when widows loads it only sends it to second monitor. I have only use built in lcd selected in bios and tried to disable graphics drivers in safe mode then reboot to no avail. Also...