Windows 10: Windows 10 won't generate mini dumps on ongoing issue

Discus and support Windows 10 won't generate mini dumps on ongoing issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a problem with this laptop... An HP OMEN 15-ax010tx full specs here, about 4 years old; performance is alright, doesn't heat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aureai, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Aureai Win User

Windows 10 won't generate mini dumps on ongoing issue

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with this laptop... An HP OMEN 15-ax010tx full specs here, about 4 years old; performance is alright, doesn't heat up, used a lot for gaming with CoD, Destiny 2, etc.

So far everything is okay except that ever since approximately a year ago it's crashing in very random instances intermittently exchanging the BSOD message from "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" to "UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION". Before crashing, the screen freezes for a couple of seconds before finally giving out the error message. More recently, whenever booting up, the computer wouldn't recognize any OS installed until rebooting several times again to access Windows.

What did we do:

• We've tried to do several hardware tests to check; MemTest86, the tools from HP, and probably other testing tools that we don't even remember the name anymore, all of them said that everything is okay.

• We've tried reinstalling Windows several times without success, the issue always returned.

• Then our last alternative was to check the mini-dumps so it can be analyzed more thoroughly the problem since at the moment we have no clue. Unfortunately, for some reason Windows is not generating them whenever we access to the dump folders SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP; we do have access to see hidden files.

We tried activating dumps and received this message:

Windows might not be able to record details that could help identify system errors because your current paging file is disabled or less 800 megabytes. Click OK to return to the Virtual Memory settings window, enable the paging file, and set the size to a value over 800 megabytes, or click cancel to change your memory dump selection.

We tried to go to the Virtual Memory settings, enabled "Custom Size" and we've put a maximum size of 1000MB. Also didn't work and provoked issues later on the computer software would crash due of lack of memory.

We tried using this line code on the CMD on administrator mode:

wmic RECOVEROS get DebugInfoType

And it returned the value "1", which means a complete memory dump is activated but still we can't see anything...

If anyone could help us in this issue, we would be forever grateful. Thank you!

:)

Aureai, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't generate mini dumps on ongoing issue - Similar Threads - won't generate mini

2. Mini dumps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini dumps Windows 10: Hi,New build in December and been having various issues. Sometimes Memory dumps and sometimes not. Sent Motherboard and GPU back to different retailers and they find no faults. put everything back in and had 2 crashes. No BSOD, Mouse cursor stutters across the screen. 1st the...
  3. Mini dumps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mini dumps Windows 10: Hi,New build in December and been having various issues. Sometimes Memory dumps and sometimes not. Sent Motherboard and GPU back to different retailers and they find no faults. put everything back in and had 2 crashes. No BSOD, Mouse cursor stutters across the screen. 1st the...
  4. Mini dumps Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mini Dump Analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini Dump Analysis: Could someone please tell me what this mini-dump says caused my computer to crash and reboot unexpectedly. The computer was not in use at this time and only a browser Brave was open plus all the apps running in the...
  6. Mini Dump Analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mini Dump Analysis: Could someone please tell me what this mini-dump says caused my computer to crash and reboot unexpectedly. The computer was not in use at this time and only a browser Brave was open plus all the apps running in the...
  7. Mini Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini Dump: My computer has lately been crashing and rebooting in a cycle when playing games. I think it is an issue with the memory dump file and have messed with the settings like various YouTube video's have. The file is still not showing up. Any advice?...
  8. Is there a setting to skip generating a mini dump when encountering a BSOD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a setting to skip generating a mini dump when encountering a BSOD?: I have a scenario that occasionally causes a BSOD. When that happens, it takes Windows some time to generate a dump, and I'm forced to wait and wait when I just want Windows to be back up and running again ASAP. Is there a setting to skip generating the mini dump, which in...
  9. Mini dump

Mini dump: Can anyone analyze my mini dumps and tell me what they mean here they are theres 3 of them https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7fz_7nVtBulGIWvCwznEGngvFS?e=Y2iN5R https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mini-dump/8e370380-ebcd-46e2-9086-6c0405902635
  10. BSOD Windows 10 Issues - Mini-Dump Attached

BSOD Windows 10 Issues - Mini-Dump Attached: Hello, I've been getting BSOD since I updated some drivers. I'm not sure which driver though or if its really a driver problem or not. Here is a link to my mini-dump: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5a3goqf7bcvbean/Mini-Dump.zip/file I put all four mini dumps in there,...