Windows 10: Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue...

Discus and support Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have swapped my board and CPU from the M5A97 R2.0 + FX-6300 to the M5A99FX Pro R2.0 + FX-8350 whilst keeping the SSD 480GB that has the OS on it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by retro-pc_user, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue...

I have swapped my board and CPU from the M5A97 R2.0 + FX-6300 to the M5A99FX Pro R2.0 + FX-8350 whilst keeping the SSD 480GB that has the OS on it in GPT mode, SSHD 1TB for storage and games, HDD 1TB for more storage and games, Blu-Ray RE drive, DVD-RW drive, LS-120 drive I archive diskettes and make boot diskettes for my older computers, PSU, RAM, GPU, Wireless card, and installed a PCIe sound card in a better case.However, when I attempt to install updates, it either fails to install or blue screens constantly and I cannot test the RAM at this time because the memory diagnostics soft

:)

retro-pc_user, Jul 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 randomly freezing after upgrade to AMD FX-8350 CPU

Windows 10 is randomly freezing after upgrading to an AMD FX-8350. The previous CPU was a quad core AMD FX 4300.
    There were no freezing issues with the previous CPU at all.

The PC specs are:

• Motherboard: Gygabyte 970A-DS3P southbridge rev. 40
    • Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 4.2 Ghz Eight-Core Processor
    • Video Card: nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (Latest drivers via geforce experience)
    • RAM: 16 GB 2000Mhz DDR3
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (build 17134), 64-bit
      (reactivated and updated since hardware change)
    • Power Supply: Corsair 700w

Installed all the latest driver software for all components.

My poor gaming rig is pretty useless at the moment, so any answers are appreciated.

Update.
    I have the latest BIOS version, according to Gygabyte.
    Latest is the FD release, and it is installed.
    I'd heard that people had issues with certain CPU's on older versions.
    My CPU is definitely in the supported CPU's list for this board.

Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue... VGL7Z.png

Jarad Ducroq, Jul 23, 2021
  3. BigAlek Win User
    Upgrade to new CPU from AMD FX-6100 to FX-8350 problem with cores(FX-8350 not working with 8 cores)

I have upgrade my CPU few days ago and having problem with windows 10 restarting, when I used my old CPU AMD FX-6100 there was no problems but when I upgrade it to new AMD FX-8350, it started to restart and I even can't get to the login screen some times.
    I chek all my hardware and it was ok but I read that someone had problems with the cores when upgrading to new CPU, and I trun off 2 cores in the bios, so it works with 6 cores like my old CPU and then Windows 10 is working great ( if I turn them back on it
    will start restarting again ).

Pls help what can I do, is the AMD FX-8350 not supported by Windows 10 ? (sorry for my bad English)

BigAlek, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Kyle Win User

Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue...

Best settings for AMD FX 8350 Overclocking?

MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
    CPU: FX 8350 4.0 GHz overclocked currently to 4.5GHz @ 1.356v
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i

So far I've managed a stable OC of 4.5GHz.

Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue... t0t9f6-5.png

EDIT New OC:

Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue... g3su5x-5.png

Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue... [​IMG]

Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue... [​IMG]

Thema:

Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue...

1. Windows 10 won't install updates on my FX-8350 system after swapping boards and blue... - Similar Threads - won't install updates

2. Windows won't activate after simple SSD swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't activate after simple SSD swap: From what I've read, moving the SSD to and back from a PC shouldn't cause any errors. However, my PC won't update to account.microsoft.com/devices at all. This is preventing me from accessing settings I need to use. This is a PC upgraded from windows 7. [ATTACH]...
  3. After the most recent update, apparently the AMD FX-8350 thinks it has a driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After the most recent update, apparently the AMD FX-8350 thinks it has a driver issue: I have already tried removing each instance and the obvious of searching for drivers but it believes it has the right one and windows update doesn't find anything either no surprise there. Oh, the error is "A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate...
  4. My system won't update to version 2004 after re-install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My system won't update to version 2004 after re-install: Hi there I had some blue screen issue so I had to re-install my windows 10 prior to that I was running version 2004 but after reinstallation it became 1909 (understandable) however I kept on clicking "checking for updates" it just won't give me the 2004 version updates? Any...
  5. 0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap

0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap: So I had to change out some PC parts and after I did so Windows said it's not activated anymore. The problem is that I don't have a key or anything because when I built this computer it had Windows 7 on it originally, and when Microsoft was forcing windows 10 upgrades it...
  6. windows activation after board swap

windows activation after board swap: hello , I have not done anything yet but I am about to swap mainboards with my son. the two recently built systems both have windows 10 pro with digital license and are linked to our Microsoft accounts respectively. my mainboard is an asrock motherboard which I am...
  7. Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD: -----I'm not asking for an urgent solution here, Because both my friend and I have met this problem and tried all the ways we can find on all sources----- -------------------------------------Just hope the developers can aware of...
  8. Roccat Isku FX MM Gaming board

Roccat Isku FX MM Gaming board: Anyone out there got one of these keyboards? Having read, and reread the papers I still cant find out how to keep the keyboard lit up. Its on fade/brighten at present. 80433
  9. Using RAM faster than 1866 MHz with an AMD FX-8350. Possible?

Using RAM faster than 1866 MHz with an AMD FX-8350. Possible?: I have an FX-8350 and some DDR3-2400 Mushkin RAM. I have found that running the RAM any faster than 1866 MHz makes the memory controller cranky and I get memory errors. I have tried the RAM at the recommended timings and voltage for 2400 and 2133, as well as using looser...
  10. System informations not updating after swapping SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System informations not updating after swapping SSD: Hi everyone, I have a laptop that came with a regular HDD. I decided to put an SSD in it instead and install Windows 10 on it. From there, everything went right. The problem is that I just bought a new desktop and I decided to put the laptop's SSD in the desktop. I had to...