Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't change my log in password to Win10. I keep getting a message "Something went wrong. Try again or select Cancel to set up device later."... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SallyHux, Jul 22, 2019.

1. SallyHux Win User

Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password

I can't change my log in password to Win10.

I keep getting a message "Something went wrong. Try again or select Cancel to set up device later."

What could go wrong? It's a simple password change. Should be Cut & Dry. Anyone have suggestions? I've been dealing with this for awhile. Any help is appreciated.

:)

SallyHux, Jul 22, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password [​IMG]

zbook, Jul 22, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password

1. Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password - Similar Threads - Won't Let Change

2. Laptop won't let me change or delete my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't let me change or delete my password: I'm running windows 11 and every3-4 months it forces me to change the password. I have tried to delete the password to not deal with it and it wont allow me. It says "something went wrong please try again"...
  3. Laptop won't let me change or delete my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't let me change or delete my password: I'm running windows 11 and every3-4 months it forces me to change the password. I have tried to delete the password to not deal with it and it wont allow me. It says "something went wrong please try again"...
  4. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  5. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  6. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Password won't let me in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password won't let me in: Because I was not able to access Windows, I changed my password again and again and again. Still no luck. This is at the Windows log -in screen when I boot up. It works with my other computers though....
  8. Password won't let me in

Password won't let me in: Because I was not able to access Windows, I changed my password again and again and again. Still no luck. This is at the Windows log -in screen when I boot up. It works with my other computers though....
  9. Password won't let me in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows not letting me change my password after asking me to change it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not letting me change my password after asking me to change it: Okay, so recently I joined with an organization and they asked me to apply policy to my laptop which they told was necessary and do no harm and was dedicated towards encryption and security. After I finished setting up my laptop with a VM, I put it to sleep and went off. Now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont let me change my password

2. windows 10 wont let me change my password

3. windows wont let me change password

4. why does windows 10 not let me change my password twice