Windows 10: Windows 10 won't let me choose driver for my graphics card

Discus and support Windows 10 won't let me choose driver for my graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. I just got a used Boxx laptop (mobile workstation) running Windows 10. I am a video producer, and I use Premiere Pro (Adobe Creative Cloud) to edit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BoxxLover, Nov 19, 2019.

1. BoxxLover Win User

Windows 10 won't let me choose driver for my graphics card

Hi. I just got a used Boxx laptop (mobile workstation) running Windows 10. I am a video producer, and I use Premiere Pro (Adobe Creative Cloud) to edit video. Most of the Adobe programs will work, if I remain on Adobe's past software (2019), instead of the current release (2020). When I open Premiere Pro, a screen comes up with warnings about my driver not being sufficient to run CUDA 9.2 - it also has a link to a webpage, which offers a driver (GPU and GPU driver requirements for Premiere Pro), but not an official Nvidia driver. Windows 10 also will not let me update the driver according to my choice (even if it is an Nvidia driver offered through their website). Instead, Windows 10 scans the internet and chooses the driver it wants - even if I select the option to load a file on my computer. Or, it will simply tell me that the drivers are up-to-date. The graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, and the driver version is 23.21.13.8927 (according to the Premiere Pro warning screen - also attached). Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

BoxxLover, Nov 19, 2019

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't let me choose driver for my graphics card

Windows won,t recognise that i have changed my graphics card

Hi

I tried to put widows 10 on my PC but i was informed that my Nvidia 7300 graphics card was not compatible so i have changed my card to a Nvidia 610 which is, everything on the computer recognizes the new card and it is working fine now when i try to upgrade
    microsoft still thinks i have the 7300 card and won,t allow me to download it, what do i need to do.

Thanks Peter

Peter Bracewell, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't let me choose driver for my graphics card

1. Windows 10 won't let me choose driver for my graphics card - Similar Threads - won't let choose

2. LoadLibrary failed with error 126 + Windows won't let me update graphic card drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LoadLibrary failed with error 126 + Windows won't let me update graphic card drivers: Hello,I desperately need help since I asked this question and reported the problem on both AMD and Acer forum but no one was willing to reply thus here's my very last hope. I keep getting the graphic card error mentioned in the title since I use a second display.I've read...
  3. LoadLibrary failed with error 126 + Windows won't let me update graphic card drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LoadLibrary failed with error 126 + Windows won't let me update graphic card drivers: Hello,I desperately need help since I asked this question and reported the problem on both AMD and Acer forum but no one was willing to reply thus here's my very last hope. I keep getting the graphic card error mentioned in the title since I use a second display.I've read...
  4. LoadLibrary failed with error 126 + Windows won't let me update graphic card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox won't let me choose my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox won't let me choose my D drive: When I try to switch to D drive from general, it reverts back to C drive . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-wont-let-me-choose-my-d-drive/fc7ef648-40e3-470f-9cea-82201e9ee2df
  6. Xbox won't let me choose my D drive

Xbox won't let me choose my D drive: When I try to switch to D drive from general, it reverts back to C drive . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-wont-let-me-choose-my-d-drive/fc7ef648-40e3-470f-9cea-82201e9ee2df
  7. I purchased a graphics card and windows knows it's there, yet settings won't let me switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a graphics card and windows knows it's there, yet settings won't let me switch...: I have been having this problem ever since i put the gpu into this computer, I can't even run minecraft with it, it's all integrated graphics so i get like 30 fps. I just want to use the graphics card that I went and found, saved up for, went to go beat the rush and...
  8. I purchased a graphics card and windows knows it's there, yet settings won't let me switch...

I purchased a graphics card and windows knows it's there, yet settings won't let me switch...: I have been having this problem ever since i put the gpu into this computer, I can't even run minecraft with it, it's all integrated graphics so i get like 30 fps. I just want to use the graphics card that I went and found, saved up for, went to go beat the rush and...
  9. Windows won't let me install a graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows won't let me install a graphics driver.: My old laptop has an Intel Series 4 Chipset Family in it, or Intel 4500M integrated graphics according to the manufacturer website. I'm trying to play a game (FTL), which by all accounts should run fine on my laptop, but it suffers from god awful frame rates which is/was a...
  10. Choosing default graphics card???

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Choosing default graphics card???: Hello, I have an AMD Radeon R5 340X graphics card installed in my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop pc and I have been trying to figure out how to make the original Intel Xeon E3 graphics card that came with my PC the default card again. I feel like I remember seeing the option to...