Windows 10: Windows 10 won't let me sign in to my Live account so I'm stick on my boyfriend's local...

Discus and support Windows 10 won't let me sign in to my Live account so I'm stick on my boyfriend's local... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I upgraded to Windows 10 on my PC, I signed in with my microsoft account. My boyfriend set up a local account on my computer, but now I can't sign... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by uberkriz, Mar 13, 2020.

1. uberkriz Win User

Windows 10 won't let me sign in to my Live account so I'm stick on my boyfriend's local...

When I upgraded to Windows 10 on my PC, I signed in with my microsoft account. My boyfriend set up a local account on my computer, but now I can't sign in to my Live account - when I try "sign in with a microsoft account instead", it lets me put in my account name and my password, but the third step is apparently re-entering my microsoft account password, which is now "incorrect".

I've tried removing my microsoft account from the computer and even tried resetting the password for his local account, although he insists he's never had a password and just signs in with a PIN, so we didn't get very far.

Help?

:)

uberkriz, Mar 13, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won't let me sign in to my Live account so I'm stick on my boyfriend's local...

"Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't let me sign in to my Live account so I'm stick on my boyfriend's local...

1. Windows 10 won't let me sign in to my Live account so I'm stick on my boyfriend's local... - Similar Threads - won't let sign

2. My laptop won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't let me sign in: Hey so my laptop isn't letting me sign in. When the laptop turns on, the name under which its signed in in is shown. Right beneath is a button saying sign in using ur microsoft I try to press the button sign in, it wont let me. I was hoping someone could help me...
  3. My laptop won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't let me sign in: Hey so my laptop isn't letting me sign in. When the laptop turns on, the name under which its signed in in is shown. Right beneath is a button saying sign in using ur microsoft I try to press the button sign in, it wont let me. I was hoping someone could help me...
  4. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  5. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  6. Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account: I recently had a power issue where my PC is and when the issue was fixed, I tried logging into my account and found that I had lost my pin and had to use my Microsoft Password to sign in. I tried using it, and it said that the password was incorrect. So I attempted reseting...
  7. My computer won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't let me sign in: I recently tried to upgrade my computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it is not letting me sign in when I try to it say just says just a moment then says signing out black screens that brings me back to the welcome screen I was trying to see if I could get into a...
  8. My laptop won't let me sign in

My laptop won't let me sign in: On thursday my laptop was working fine until I had to update windows 10, while it was updating, I had to do something on there first, so I restarted my laptop, logged in, and the OS said that my system was corrupted, now I can't sign in, every time I try to sign in, it denies...
  9. Windows won't let me sign into my laptop

Windows won't let me sign into my laptop: I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop with Windows 10 operating system. Yesterday, after resuming my laptop from sleep mode, I tried logging on and got the message: "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device." I've tried just about...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts: I installed windows 10 from 7 and if i try to sign into cortana, onedrive or microsoft accounts it either say (something went wrong) or (there was a problem connecting to onedrive) Browsers work fine so i know i have an internet connection. I have reinstalled windows 10 once...