Windows 10: Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 from 7 and if i try to sign into cortana, onedrive or microsoft accounts it either say (something went wrong) or (there was a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by blitzfire, Aug 8, 2015.

1. blitzfire Win User

Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts

I installed windows 10 from 7 and if i try to sign into cortana, onedrive or microsoft accounts it either say (something went wrong) or (there was a problem connecting to onedrive) Browsers work fine so i know i have an internet connection. I have reinstalled windows 10 once with no change. any suggestions?

:)

blitzfire, Aug 8, 2015

2. Why Can't I sign in with my Microsoft Account in Windows 10?

8. Sign in with your Microsoft Account

with all the problems I've been having since I installed windows 10 I forgot my Microsoft Account number. Also it won't let me download the updated version of Bitdefender for windows 10. Just wish I had Windows 7 back but it won't let me bet back there.........
    Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts :)

coralreefer, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Syed N Win User
    Windows 10 will not let me sign into Microsoft Account

Hey there,

Well, I know its frustrating.

Have you tried disconnecting from internet and try again?

If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode, if not you can manually disconnect and connect back. Let us know what happens.

Appreciate your patience.

Syed N, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Joe Hall Win User

I have the same problem. Anything I do requiring a Microsoft account sign-in (such as Cortana) gives me the same "Something Went Wrong" error before it even lets me type in my email or password. The internet works just fine.

I also upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, both 64-bit.

I did manually download the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft before it popped up and told me Windows 10 was ready. I don't think that would have anything to do with this but I'm just trying to be thorough.

Joe Hall, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Try this...
    Go to Control Panel
    Then 'Internet Options'...
    Select 'Advanced' tab...
    Take the scrollbar to bottom...
    Mark these options:
    "Use SSL 2.0"
    "Use SSL 3.0"
    "Use TSL 1.0"
    "Use TSL 1.1"
    "Use TSL 1.2"
    Click 'Ok' button...
    Try again, the "Something went wrong" error should be gone...
    Worked for me...
    reply me if it worked for you too....

phani teja, Aug 19, 2015
  6. Try this...
    Go to Control Panel
    Select 'Advanced' tab...
    Take the scrollbar to bottom...
    Mark these options:
    "Use SSL 2.0"
    "Use SSL 3.0"
    "Use TSL 1.0"
    "Use TSL 1.1"
    "Use TSL 1.2"
    Click 'Ok' button...
    Try again, the "Something went wrong" error should be gone...
    Worked for me...
    reply me if it worked for you too....

phani teja, Aug 19, 2015
  7. watevs Win User
    hey bro it worked thx a lot, i registered an acc just to tell you that

watevs, Sep 6, 2015
  8. Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts

didnt work for me

UncleTwoCent, Sep 28, 2015
  9. joya Win User
    Try to create a new local admin account firstly. After logging into your new admin account, switch to Microsoft account from the PC Settings.
    I hope this will work!

10. Thanks mate. It worked.

I just wanted to add the one step missing from here. It's basic but had me confused for a bit looking for the exact option :-

Go to Control Panel
    Then "Network and Internet"
    Select 'Advanced' tab...................

Thanks again!

DesiRockstar, Nov 9, 2015
  11. DINT work for me then i reboot pc and it worked just fine Thanks
    *Smile

hujtebesuka, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts - Similar Threads - won't let sign

2. Stupid microsoft and it's sign-ins won't let me in...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid microsoft and it's sign-ins won't let me in...?: Can't sign in to administrator's account now because of my inability to sign into Minecraft's launcher using Window's Hello because of the fact that it wouldn't let me switch Microsoft accounts nor would it let me reset my PIN or log into Windows Hello in some other way. When...
  3. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account: I have recently reset my computer do to performance issues, and while signing in I used my Microsoft account which had 0 games and apps bought. I went to sign out of the Microsoft Store and sign in with a different Microsoft account, but it wouldn't let me. I would click sign...
  4. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account: I have recently reset my computer do to performance issues, and while signing in I used my Microsoft account which had 0 games and apps bought. I went to sign out of the Microsoft Store and sign in with a different Microsoft account, but it wouldn't let me. I would click sign...
  5. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account: I recently had a power issue where my PC is and when the issue was fixed, I tried logging into my account and found that I had lost my pin and had to use my Microsoft Password to sign in. I tried using it, and it said that the password was incorrect. So I attempted reseting...
  7. Microsoft apps won't let me sign in with my new account :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft apps won't let me sign in with my new account :(: So i recently made a new account and i was planning to get rid of my old one, so i went to any microsoft apps like microsoft edge, word and powerpoint to sign in to my new account, the pin thing pops up and i typed my pin, and it loads for a long time and it says "something...
  8. Microsoft store won't let me sign in

Microsoft store won't let me sign in: I'm running windows 10 and for the past month the microsoft store wont let me sign in. I keep getting a error saying that I cant sign in at this time. I cant access apps I've bought nor purchase new ones. what should I do?...
  9. Microsoft Store won't let me sign in?

Microsoft Store won't let me sign in?: Everytime i go to sign into my account i click on sign in or add account a window pops up for a second and then disappears? I dont know if this matters but i barely restored my store app today after deleting it. Therefore i think that after doing a command prompt to get the...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't let me sign in: I updated my PC last night and when it was over, I shut it down. This morning, when I woke up and started it, I tried entering my PIN and it told me that it was incorrect. I tried entering my MS password, which I know it's correct, and it told me the same thing. Now I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wont let me sign into microsoft account

2. windows wont sign into account

3. cracked windows wont let me sign into microsoft

4. windows wont let me log into microsoft account,
  5. windows wont let me sign into microsoft account,
  6. windows wont let me sign in,
  7. microsoft account won’t let me log in,
  8. windows 10 wont let me sign in to my account,
  9. 1iphone 10 exchange account wont log in with autheicator,
  10. windows wont let me sign into my account,
  11. why wont it let me sign into my microsoft account,