Windows 10: Windows 10 won't load after install

Discus and support Windows 10 won't load after install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alright, so I built my first PC this weekend and I'm trying to install Windows, but it's driving me crazy. Windows will go through the install process,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Difficult Foley, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't load after install

Alright, so I built my first PC this weekend and I'm trying to install Windows, but it's driving me crazy. Windows will go through the install process, reboot, check devices, reboot again and then it gets stuck on a black screen with the motherboard logo and spinning dots that are frozen. It does not progress past this point to the keyboard and cortana settings or account creation.

Motherboard: MSI B550 A-Pro

HD: Western Digital SN550 1TB NVMe SSD

The only accessories are mouse and keyboard attached by USB and ethernet cable

My only other computer is a Macbook and I used Bootcamp to make the bootable USB. I have tried 2 different USBs and remade them a couple of times using Microsoft's media creation tool. I have also tried making one with Rufus and formatting the USB as NTFS instead of Fat32, but same issue. I have also created the USB using a borrowed PC laptop running Windows 10, but the same issue occurred.

I flashed the BIOS at one point and on the following load it actually progressed through the black screen and spinning dots. I selected language and keyboard settings, named the profile and put in a password, but then got an unresponsive white screen after that. Shut the computer off and on restart it froze on the black screen with spinning dots again.

If I boot the computer into Windows recovery mode I can reset the PC, but every time I reinstall Windows I reach the same black screen and frozen dots. I can't do some of the options in Windows recovery mode as they show a "defaultuser0" and it asks for a password that does not appear to exist when I've googled it.

In every instance the BIOS is set up to boot Windows from the SSD after installation.

Most recently, I used one of the same USBs to create a bootable Linux install. This installed on the first try and Linux seems to be running with no issues, so I at least have access to more than just the BIOS now if that's at all helpful.

I'm getting quite frustrated and any help would be appreciated.

:)

Difficult Foley, Nov 2, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Nov 2, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 won't load after install

Delta6326, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't load after install

1. Windows 10 won't load after install - Similar Threads - won't load install

2. Minecraft won't load after installing Optifine what is going on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft won't load after installing Optifine what is going on?: I recently downloaded Optifine and now Minecraft won't load fully. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-wont-load-after-installing-optifine-what/610a42bf-55b7-4935-8343-faa17b0ac8c3
  3. Windows 10 won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't load: I followed the troubleshooting instructions below and when my pc was restarted Windows will not load at all. I see the logo and spinning icon for 25minutes so far. The latest update installed recently and it was fine. This is not related to an update. It is simply from...
  4. Minecraft Launcher won't load after installation!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher won't load after installation!: Recently, my Minecraft Launcher won't load any installation other than an Optifine 1.14.4 installation that I use frequently. To solve this, I uninstalled the launcher and tried to reinstall it using the MinecraftInstaller.msi but whenever it finishes installing the launcher,...
  5. Windows 10 installation media won't load. Freezes constantly.

Windows 10 installation media won't load. Freezes constantly.: I7-9700k Gigabyte 360N Mini itx mobo Kingston 960gb ssd Viper 8gb 3000 mhz ram No gpu currently I'm trying to load windows 10 off a thumb drive but it keeps freezing. Sometimes I'll get up to entering my product key and sometimes I'll only get to the windows screen....
  6. The OS won't load after an install through MDT

The OS won't load after an install through MDT: Hello guys, I was trying last week on imaging a few computers (Dell E5440) that we plan on use as loaners for our school. I configured one with the settings I'd like and captured the image successfully (WIN10 1809). I uploaded the image to MDT and created a task sequence,...
  7. Windows 10 won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't load: A couple days ago an update ran on my laptop. Then my System mechanic program said there was a key logging malware in it, and deleted that file. Since my laptop restarted it won't go into windows. Just the blue tech screen. I have tried 4 different restore points. I have...
  8. Windows 10 Won't Load After Update

Windows 10 Won't Load After Update: Hello, I am having a problem where I updated my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and it wont load. I have taken the battery out and put it back in, tried recovery mode, tried to access advanced options, and I can't install Windows 10 install media. I don't know what...
  9. Windows 10 Recovery/Install Disc Won't Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Recovery/Install Disc Won't Load: I recently had a Windows 10 loading failure loop, so after going through a System Restore and a PC reset, neither of which worked, I performed a clean install, which resolved the problem at first. However, after half a day with a working computer and during the process of...
  10. Windows 10 won't load to login with USB3.0 card installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't load to login with USB3.0 card installed: I have installed two new (different make/model) PCIe USB3.0 expansion cards on my workstation. On every attempt to boot, at the end of the OS loading period (Windows 10 blue logo screen) Windows either hangs or displays a graphic message "your PC has encountered an error ..."...