Windows 10: Windows 10 won't mount

Discus and support Windows 10 won't mount in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried a variety of methods to mount various ISO's (which are fine, I can open them in 7ZIP) and no dice. The powershell method gives me an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MSDNAlexS, Dec 14, 2019.

1. MSDNAlexS Win User

Windows 10 won't mount

I've tried a variety of methods to mount various ISO's (which are fine, I can open them in 7ZIP) and no dice.

The powershell method gives me an error message...

mount-diskimage -imagepath "X:\new build\DAW\NI Installers\cuba.iso"

mount-diskimage : The semaphore timeout period has expired.

At line:1 char:1

+ mount-diskimage -imagepath "X:\new build\DAW\NI Installers\cuba.iso"

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (MSFT_DiskImage ...torageType = 1):ROOT/Microsoft/.../MSFT_DiskImage) [Mou

nt-DiskImage], CimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80070079,Mount-DiskImage

This is a brand new Windows 10 install (1909 build 18363.535), everything is up to date. Antivirus is disabled.

The only thing unusual here is that it is dual boot.

Can anybody help please.

:)

MSDNAlexS, Dec 14, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 won't mount

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't mount

1. Windows 10 won't mount - Similar Threads - won't mount

2. New Version won't let me update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Version won't let me update: I just updated to the 2019 version. Now it won't let me update a program for this version. How do I fix this? [img] 148979
  3. Cloned an SSD but it won't boot no more!!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned an SSD but it won't boot no more!!: Hello, I have a Sony Vaio laptop and it had an 128gb SSD. I decided that was time to have a big SSD. I made a clone from the ssd (can't remember what was software). At the first boots, there was no problem but after a few days it stopped to boot!! I can't not even use the...
  4. Newly installed Windows 10 won't let me transfer over license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Newly installed Windows 10 won't let me transfer over license.: Hello, I have a non-OEM version of Windows 10 Home upgraded from a non-OEM version of Windows 7 Home during the free upgrade period. Recently I built a new PC with new motherboard and everything. I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home on it. I read that people who got...
  5. Microsoft Store won't download apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store won't download apps: Yesterday i tried to play Sea Of Thieves but it had an actualization in progress. Later i tried to launch it again, but the update still was in progress, so i checked it on microsoft store downloads, and it was stuck in 48MB of 7,8GB. Tried to play Forza Horizon 4, it also...
  6. My keyboard won't type in the start box

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard won't type in the start box: My keyboard wont type in the start box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-wont-type-in-the-start-box/a1980b5d-e8f8-41ca-9954-b917e4601ffd
  7. Minecraft windows ten edition won't download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft windows ten edition won't download: I'm getting error 0x803F81F5 and it is only for minecraft windows ten edition. It keeps saying I need to get rid of devices on my account but currently there are no devices linked to that account. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Media Player 12 won't burn audio CD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player 12 won't burn audio CD's: Windows 10. Can't burn audio CD's. Burns to 99% then I get an error message box that says something like, "Cannot burn these files. Maybe your CD burner is busy, not connected correctly, or using the latest driver. " I checked with my new Verbatim External Slimline CD/DVD...
  9. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  10. PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will: A customer that I support recently bought a new Dell Laptop, Latitude, with Win 10/64 1803 currently installed. All drivers per Dell's Support sight and Windows are the most current. This computer will not mount any drive from PNY whether 2.0 or 3.0 BUT will mount any other...