Windows 10: Windows 10 won't mount

Discus and support Windows 10 won't mount in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried a variety of methods to mount various ISO's (which are fine, I can open them in 7ZIP) and no dice. The powershell method gives me an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MSDNAlexS, Dec 14, 2019.

1. MSDNAlexS Win User

Windows 10 won't mount

I've tried a variety of methods to mount various ISO's (which are fine, I can open them in 7ZIP) and no dice.

The powershell method gives me an error message...

mount-diskimage -imagepath "X:\new build\DAW\NI Installers\cuba.iso"

mount-diskimage : The semaphore timeout period has expired.

At line:1 char:1

+ mount-diskimage -imagepath "X:\new build\DAW\NI Installers\cuba.iso"

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (MSFT_DiskImage ...torageType = 1):ROOT/Microsoft/.../MSFT_DiskImage) [Mou

nt-DiskImage], CimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80070079,Mount-DiskImage

This is a brand new Windows 10 install (1909 build 18363.535), everything is up to date. Antivirus is disabled.

The only thing unusual here is that it is dual boot.

Can anybody help please.

:)

MSDNAlexS, Dec 14, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 won't mount

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't mount

1. Windows 10 won't mount - Similar Threads - won't mount

2. recently updated HP laptop brightness keys won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recently updated HP laptop brightness keys won't work: I updated by HP elitebook from the 1709 version to the 1809 version of windows 10 and the screen brightness keys (F3 and F4) do not work. They worked prior to the update and I have no reason to believe that they suddenly broke as the backlight behind them still works and all...
  3. Fresh Start Won't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh Start Won't Work: I recently downloaded the 'RefreshWindowsTool' which I'm attempting to use to run the Windows 10 Fresh Start process my PC is nearly 5 years old and I hope that this will speed it up/enhance performance After trying to run it twice I'm getting a message that 'this tool...
  4. Windows "lock" goes into sleep mode then shuts down, now it won't turn on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows "lock" goes into sleep mode then shuts down, now it won't turn on: I'm in my university classroom, and I went to boot up my laptop, as I'm on it it flashes a "locking" screen then goes into hibernate and turns completely off. Now my laptop will not turn on...
  5. Dual boot Win10 and Win 7. Win 10 Hijacks win 7, and won't play nice.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win10 and Win 7. Win 10 Hijacks win 7, and won't play nice.: Hi and good morning. I am a noob with Win 10, and am doing what I can to figure it out. So here's the skinny. Win 7 is the default on Drive C. Win 10 is on Drive D. When I boot into win10, it automatically renames the D drive to C and makes itself the default. So after a few...
  6. Windows defender antivirus and security won't turn on, neither will real time protection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and security won't turn on, neither will real time protection.: I've run into an issue where Windows is telling me that I don't have permission to turn them on and I'm to "contact my local IT helpdesk" to get help. I've uninstalled malwarebytes and restarted, still won't turn back on, it just says "status: unkown" and keeps telling me to...
  7. Windows 10 - Custom icons won't stay on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Custom icons won't stay on desktop: Hi, Windows 10 is such sh...t sometimes. I'm not sure anyone could fix that but I explain the issue. Windows 10 is unable to keep a custom icon .ico assigned to a website link shortcut created on the desktop. After a while it changes it to some bland icon sh..t,...
  8. Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job?: I am having nothing but problems trying to print pdfs from brand new windows 10 machines on a brand new high end business class toshiba printer. The thread describing the same infuriating issue that goes all the way back to 2015 has been locked for comment and the issue still...
  9. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  10. PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PNY USB Drive won't mount ANY other brand will: A customer that I support recently bought a new Dell Laptop, Latitude, with Win 10/64 1803 currently installed. All drivers per Dell's Support sight and Windows are the most current. This computer will not mount any drive from PNY whether 2.0 or 3.0 BUT will mount any other...