Windows 10: Windows 10 won't open password box for my Kingston USB Data Traveler

Discus and support Windows 10 won't open password box for my Kingston USB Data Traveler in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a USB Memory stick (Kingston Data Traveller 8GB) which opens with no problem on the computers at work which run on Windows 7 but when I try it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClaireMc_88, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't open password box for my Kingston USB Data Traveler

I have a USB Memory stick (Kingston Data Traveller 8GB) which opens with no problem on the computers at work which run on Windows 7 but when I try it in my home PC (Windows 10) it is recognised but will not bring up the box for me to enter the password so I can't access anything on it.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? What can I do?

:)

ClaireMc_88, Jul 13, 2019

2. Problems using Kingston Data Traveler Vault Protection encrypted USB stick with Windows 10 Explorer, and a work around.

If you are using Windows 10, you have a great option that will allow you to login to your Kingston Data Traveler DTVP30.

Follow these steps:

- Right Click on Start (The Microsoft logo on the bottom left).

- Go to File Explorer.

- On the left side, scroll down and locate the Local C Disk. Select the
    Local C Disk.

- Scroll down and double click Users.

- Double click your own username.

- Double click AppData.

- If there is no Temp folder. Go ahead and create a new folder and name it
    Temp
    . Close this window.

- Right Click on Start (The Microsoft logo on the bottom left).

- Go to Control Panel.

- Click Programs.

- Under Programs and Features click "Run Programs made for Previous Versions of Windows".

- Click Next.

- 99% of the time the program DTVP30_Launcher.exe will not be listed. Therefore, choose
    "Not Listed", which is

the first option. Then, click Next.

- Before clicking Browse, make sure that the Kingston Data Traveler drive is inserted in one of your USB ports.

- Click "Browse".

- On the left side, scroll down and locate the Kingston DVD RW Drive. The logo will display instead of the word

Kingston.

- Select the Kingston DVD RW Drive.

- Under 'Files Currently on the Disc", select DTVP30_Launcher.

- Click Open.

- Click Next.

- Select "Try recommended settings".

- Click Test the Program.

- Click Next.

- Finally, click "Yes, save these settings for this program".

- The problem is fixed. you can close the Troubleshooter now. Your Kingston Data Traveler should work fine now on

your Windows 10 PC.

Corvisart Malvoisin, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Kingston thumb drive format

How do I format a usb thumb drive for music? Kingston Data Traveler, Windows 10

RevcocoSmith, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 won't open password box for my Kingston USB Data Traveler

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't open password box for my Kingston USB Data Traveler

1. Windows 10 won't open password box for my Kingston USB Data Traveler - Similar Threads - won't open password

2. my usb won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb won't open: My Usb won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-wont-open/7549fdc5-b1fd-45c8-90e9-fc49fd3a235c
  3. Password box won't show. Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password box won't show. Windows 10: I have tried alt ctrl del still blurred. I tried safe mode with networking still blurred. I tried to do the startup repair still no show. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-box-wont-show-windows-10/51271911-c88a-4f85-b2a0-dc8e5821e4f5
  4. Password box won't show. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box won't show. Windows 10: I have tried alt ctrl del still blurred. I tried safe mode with networking still blurred. I tried to do the startup repair still no show. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-box-wont-show-windows-10/51271911-c88a-4f85-b2a0-dc8e5821e4f5
  5. Password box won't show. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how do I transfer from Kingston Data Traveler to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I transfer from Kingston Data Traveler to new computer: The subject is the main thing. How do I transfer all from my Kingston Data Traveler to my new computer?? From win 10 to win 10 on new pc. I am not sure how to do this. Please help me, I don't want to spend all night trying to figure this out. Thanks, Cory...
  7. Is it possible to make an install of Windows Install Media on a Kingston G4 Data Traveler?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make an install of Windows Install Media on a Kingston G4 Data Traveler?: I’ve been trying to make an install of the Windows Install Media set up for my PC that I’m building a few days from now. However, after more than 5 tries, I’ve been unable to get it to install. I’ve tried reformatting, making new a new partition, and the whole works. I made...
  8. Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShawnDesilets [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fktleo/help_usb_3_transfer_speed_drops_constantly_to_0/
  9. Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive: Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive. The symptom would be after entering the passcode, the thumb drive created another unencrypted drive but it will always gave me a message "Please insert a disk into USB drive", that new drive is not...
  10. Can't format my Kingston usb.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't format my Kingston usb.: I used my usb to boot Ubuntu onto my laptop that I hoped that I could diagnose it but it didn't work. Now, I'd like to use of as a normal usb drive but windows doesn't like formatting it... I tried many methods to get it formatted but none of them worked. Please tell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. data traveller wont open

2. dtlplus_launcher windows 10

3. reset kingston data traveller password

4. kingston datatraveler locker no password,
  5. kingston datatraveler 2gb windows 10 secure vault not opening,
  6. kingston usb stick secure traveller not loading on windows 10,
  7. my kioxia login wont open for secure usb,
  8. dtvp30_launcher,
  9. kingston datatraveler doesnt prompt for password,
  10. data traveler vault protection login error,
  11. kingston data traveller password problems,