Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't open Some Exe Files

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't open Some Exe Files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had a lot of issues with windows and my computer was slowing down so i attempted to reset it using a disk. Once i had deleted all the data from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PuddingProcrastinator, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Won't open Some Exe Files

So I've had a lot of issues with windows and my computer was slowing down so i attempted to reset it using a disk. Once i had deleted all the data from my boot drive the installation failed and told me the disk was no longer compatible. Because of this i needed to load an older windows 7 ultimate disk and install windows 7 before updating to windows 10 that way. From there i noticed a lot of the older windows 7 sounds and assets still being used once windows 10 was running and my PC was slowing down a lot so i performed an internal pc reset where it will use the existing files and internet connection. This time it was successful and reinstalled a fresh copy of windows 10.

I install some basic software like : avast, steam, Firefox, spotify, twitch & some games this is when i notice that twitch wont load at all, it will just run in the background for a few minutes then the process ends. Trying to reinstall fails telling me the files are missing so i go to open Firefox and the same thing happens. I restart my computer only to find that now i cant open avast, steam wont load properly and spotify doesn't load at all.

i looked online and found some tutorials on editing the registry so i followed it only to completed disable all exe files from running. However i noticed that if i chose to run them in admin mode once they couldn't run normally. All exe files would run perfectly meaning that there isn't an issue with the memory its how they're being loaded themselves. Ive reset my pc several times now and i'm still having this same issue of not being able to load various programs.

Can anyone suggest things i need to be doing? i'm running out of ideas..

:)

PuddingProcrastinator, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2018
  3. can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Dec 30, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Windows 10 Won't open Some Exe Files

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't open Some Exe Files

1. Windows 10 Won't open Some Exe Files - Similar Threads - Won't open Exe

2. Win 10 exe files won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 exe files won't open: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045Clicking on .exe files just gives spinning circle. I have to restart Windows Explorer to reset it.I've tried: found in another community answers pageMethod 1: Check registry for the exe files.Method 2: Running an Online virus scan. Although, the...
  3. Win 10 exe files won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 exe files won't open: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045Clicking on .exe files just gives spinning circle. I have to restart Windows Explorer to reset it.I've tried: found in another community answers pageMethod 1: Check registry for the exe files.Method 2: Running an Online virus scan. Although, the...
  4. Win 10 exe files won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. .exe files and some apps wont open

.exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  6. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  7. .exe files and some apps wont open

8. Windows 10 won't open some exes files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't open some exes files.: Recently I reinstalled windows 10 home on my computer and when installing all my programs, not all the installers will open, I double click on the file and It seems that it starts loading something but never opens it. I already have tried checking system files integrity with...
  9. .exe Files Won't Open

.exe Files Won't Open: Whenever I try to open a .exe file (eg. a game or installer application) Windows will show an error message and will be unable to access the file. I tried using .reg files from trusted sites to fix any problems with the registry but .reg files will also display an error...
  10. Cant open some .exe files

Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some exe files don;;t open