Windows 10: Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone

Discus and support Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to not have this issue with the same setup, but for some reason (and to be fair, I'm not sure what triggered it), my computer will not accept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hamburgerwalrus, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone

I used to not have this issue with the same setup, but for some reason (and to be fair, I'm not sure what triggered it), my computer will not accept input from my USB microphone. I have a cheapo Corsair Void Pro headset. It has a 3.5mm connection but also came with a y splitter (for input/output) that plugs into a USB adapter so you can use a USB connection. I have this plugged in via USB over a USB hub connected to my computer.

It outputs audio fine via this headset, but it will not detect any input from me no matter what application I try it on (Discord, Windows voice recorder, etc.) I have checked all the settings I can, making sure I have the device enabled and given permission via apps, but still nothing.

I have used this headset with my phone, my PS4, etc. So I figured maybe the USB adapter was being the problem, but even if I take the 3.5mm connection and plug it directly into my computer, it still won't detect any input. The headset works fine via my work laptop (also running Windows 10), but for my personal laptop it won't.

I've ran Windows troubleshooter and it detected zero issues. I used to use this same headset, via the USB adapter setup, a long time ago on Discord with no issues. Then all of a sudden I decide to try it again and it won't work. Any tips?

submitted by /u/hamburgerwalrus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hamburgerwalrus, Apr 10, 2021
  2. PixelPoc Win User

Computer Not Using and or Not recognizing Headset Microphone

Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at the sound settings and saw that under the recording category, It shows a second microphone device that is only accessible by plugging in my headset. But when doing so I've noticed that when talking into my headset mic the recordings menu does not show any signs of sound. But if I tap my headset the sound meter goes up. This makes me think that my computer only picks up sounds around the headset and not the mic itself.

Here is an URL to my Microsoft support question there you can see a picture as well as some replies primarily by me.

Link) Headset Microphone Not Working - Microsoft Community

Other Info
    1) For my sounds, video and game controllers in the Device Manager I have High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio listed.
    2) I have a windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

PixelPoc, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Apr 10, 2021
  4. RP_002 Win User

Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone

Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio

Hi,

I am using a headset with microphone and when playing any games online friends have informed me that they can hear my game audio and themselves talking from my microphone. I have also tested to play music and mute the mic, via the physical switch on the
    headset, and found the music will still be recorded but my voice will not. Have tried this with two sets of gaming headsets and both do the same thing. I have checked to make sure "Listen to my device" is unchecked, my microphone is not boosted too high and
    have disabled Stereo Mix. I also do not have the enhancement tab when in the properties of the microphone.

Using 64-Bit Windows 10.

Thank You

RP_002, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone

1. Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone - Similar Threads - won't pick audio

2. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio: I bought a new headset which comes with a microphone Razer Kraken specifically and the output audio is working just fine but the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, and instead it's picking up only output audio.I have tried setting as default device, using the troubleshoot...
  3. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio: I bought a new headset which comes with a microphone Razer Kraken specifically and the output audio is working just fine but the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, and instead it's picking up only output audio.I have tried setting as default device, using the troubleshoot...
  4. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB headset microphone not picking up input

USB headset microphone not picking up input: I just bought a HyperX Cloud II headset and I am trying to set it up to use for audio input and output. I have confirmed my headset works on my phone for input and output so I believe that the device is working properly. When I use the the given aux to USB controller I get...
  6. Headset Won't Pick Up Game Audio and Discord Audio/Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Won't Pick Up Game Audio and Discord Audio/Mic: I recently got a new laptop and it works great except for the fact that I can't get my Beats Studio 3 to pick up audio from both a discord call and whatever game I'm playing same goes for if I try to watch a video or play a song, I can only hear discord audio and not the...
  7. Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio

Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Hi, I am using a headset with microphone and when playing any games online friends have informed me that they can hear my game audio and themselves talking from my microphone. I have also tested to play music and mute the mic, via the physical switch on the headset, and...
  8. Sound not Working and Windows 10 won't pick up my headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not Working and Windows 10 won't pick up my headset microphone.: Hello, the sound will stop working whenever I open a game. Like the game sound will stop working. It will work in the main menu of the game, then I get into a game and the audio for my whole computer will just stop. I tried like uninstalling the audio drivers and all of that...
  9. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  10. Windows 10 Stops picking up audio from microphone.

Windows 10 Stops picking up audio from microphone.: I've started having this problem where my headset would work completely fine until the mic stops working after a few or so minutes. In sound settings under recording it shows that my mic is connected but it doesn't pick up any audio, I then have to I disable it and re-enable...