Windows 10: Windows 10 won't print after update

Discus and support Windows 10 won't print after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. My PC was running Windows 7. On Friday I installed Windows 10 (not an upgrade but a clean install). On Saturday I installed Office, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matthew_in_UK, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't print after update

Hi everyone. My PC was running Windows 7. On Friday I installed Windows 10 (not an upgrade but a clean install). On Saturday I installed Office, and was able to print. But I noticed when I shut down on Saturday evening, Windows was configuring (i.e. installing updates).

Today (Sunday) I cannot print to either printer. They are both connected wirelessly; one is a HP LaserJet P1102w, and the other a Canon PIXMA MX350.

I have tried:

* rebooting the PC.

* rebooting the printers

* re-installing drivers (see below)

* stopping and then restarting the print spool service, and also cleaning out its folder (%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers)

* running the Troubleshooter

* getting the printer driver to be Windows 7 compatible.

I have experienced strange behaviour with the printer drivers. I download them (e.g. from HP or Canon website) and double-click on them. Sometimes you see e.g. an extraction taking place (no, I am not a dentist!) or asking me if I want to allow it to make changes. But then - they disappear in to the ether. I can't see if they have actually done anything.

Also, one time the HP wasn't working it said something like "user intervention required", or a similar message, but unhelpfully didn't tell me what exactly was wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas that can help, please?

Thank you!

:)

Matthew_in_UK, Oct 20, 2019

2. Can t print anything with windows 10

What a **** windows 10 is , it should be an update to 8.1 not a whole new operative system,

whenever I try to print anything, it freezing everything , have to reinstall Microsoft Office .

I reinstall Microsoft office , try to print again, and again windows 10 freeze programs of

Microsoft office.

If one try to print of Microsoft word, windows 10 won t just print, but, it will also freeze

word.

How could an operative system freeze programs , just for the sake of printing a document ?

I don t think that anybody of Microsoft developer are capable to sort this issue out.

When are they going to learn of Apple ????

GianniRapazetti, Oct 20, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 won't print after update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't print after update

1. Windows 10 won't print after update - Similar Threads - won't print update

2. Print Queue won't clear after printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Queue won't clear after printing: I'm having this problem to print multiple documents, first for every document i want to print for the first time after the printer enter standby mode i need to restart the spool, then after that for each document i want to print i need to wait the printer to finish, stop the...
  3. Print Queue won't clear after printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Queue won't clear after printing: I'm having this problem to print multiple documents, first for every document i want to print for the first time after the printer enter standby mode i need to restart the spool, then after that for each document i want to print i need to wait the printer to finish, stop the...
  4. Notepad App in Windows 10 won't print after KB5000802 update

Notepad App in Windows 10 won't print after KB5000802 update: The latest Windows Update 20H and KB5000802 caused multiple issues with my new Dell Laptop. Besides changing some of my network sharing settings, really messing up all the fonts and layout in Office Outlook, it made my Dell printer 'disappear'. I finally got that all...
  5. Mail app won't print after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't print after update: I try to print to my HP printer but it doesn't print nor does it spool to the printer. I then tried to print to PDF as I have the adobe suite and usually can do so no problem but I get the following error message in a .txt file. %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%% 03logha not...
  6. Files won't print after recent Windows update

Files won't print after recent Windows update: After the most recent Windows update, non of my files will print. When I hit the print button instead of printing, a box opens to "print to file" instead of the file going to my printer. My printer is in the list and is checked as my default printer, and there is no check...
  7. Windows 10 update and printer won't print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update and printer won't print: Installed May '20 windows 10 update and then upgraded to v1909 and printer won't print. When I send a doc even a test page to the printer, the printer lights up like it's going to print, but then doesn't print. I check the printer queue and it's empty. I've reset the printer,...
  8. Printer won't print after Win 10 update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't print after Win 10 update!: I have a Canon Pixma IP8720 Printer It has worked fine since I got it in Jan 2019 After your update yesterday it won't print Message states not connected. It is WIFI Connie...
  9. after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF

after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF: After the new update, I am unable to print PDF files. I was just able to last week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-new-windows-10-update-wont-allow-me-to-print/eafebaa8-4407-4763-9d40-10f272a47934
  10. Printer won't print after installing Windows 10

Printer won't print after installing Windows 10: After I installed windows 10 my printer won't print. It shoots out the paper but it is blank. I checked and all the drivers are up too date. I use a Canon MX860 All in one. It worked fine on Vista, 7 & 8. Thanks Russ. 21270