Windows 10: Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change/reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change/reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu on my pc. I followed the instructions to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonyDeLeone, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change/reinstall

Hello,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu on my pc. I followed the instructions to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change, however when picking the device on my pc via the troubleshooter to activate, it only shows my desktop with the previous motherboard. However when I log into my Microsoft account on the web, I can see my desktop with the new motherboard listed on the website.

I have Windows 10 professional and this should be linked to my account, but anytime I try to activate via the troubleshooter it just responds back that its unable to activate and to try again later.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tony

:)

TonyDeLeone, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 8, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change/reinstall [​IMG]

zbook, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change/reinstall

Activate Windows 10 after a hardware change !

Hi !

I ve just did a hardware change and I reactivated Windows 10 using the Microsoft account ! But I see that Windows 10 still activates on my old hardware !

I was expecting that It won t activate any more on the old hardware ! Can anyone help me ?

102a06fe-59f5-49ec-97a9-adf0bde4606f, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change/reinstall

1. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change/reinstall - Similar Threads - won't reactivate hardware

2. Windows won't reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't reactivate after hardware change: I have been working on trying to reactivate my windows since a hardware change a month ago. I can go to my account's purchase history and see my purchase of windows 10 home on the windows store for this account. And yet even though it was activated and linked to this account...
  3. Windows won't reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't reactivate after hardware change: I have been working on trying to reactivate my windows since a hardware change a month ago. I can go to my account's purchase history and see my purchase of windows 10 home on the windows store for this account. And yet even though it was activated and linked to this account...
  4. Windows won't reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Won't Reactivate After Hardware Change

Windows 10 Won't Reactivate After Hardware Change: I changed the graphics card of my Windows 10 computer and now I cannot re-activate Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 with the Digital License. The only components I have ever changed on this computer were the graphics card and RAM, so I should think the digital license...
  6. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change: Hello, Recently I upgraded my PC, which involved a new motherboard and processor. I have been trying to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 Pro to no avail. The activation troubleshooter keeps giving me the error code 0xC004F213, even though I can see my previous activation...
  7. Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change.

Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change.: Two days back my hard disk failed, so I replaced it with SSD. Reinstalled win 10 , tried to activate but it fails. I tried troubleshoot and It shows my previous PC name and I choose this is the device I am using and clicked activate. It fails I upgraded from Win 7 , 3 years...
  8. Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change: I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it won't reactivate, and has the...
  9. Windows deactivating after hardware changes, won't reactivate.

Windows deactivating after hardware changes, won't reactivate.: I have made significant hardware changes to my computer and a few days after, windows has deactivated. I have tried using the troubleshooter and other methods of reactivating, however none of these have worked. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should try next to fix this....
  10. Reactivate Windows after reinstall - no hardware change

Reactivate Windows after reinstall - no hardware change: I broke my Windows installation. I initially had 10 Home, installed from an official installation USB. At some point, I purchased a Pro licence from the store. Now after I broke my installation, I reinstalled using the same USB stick, which allows me to chose between Home...