Windows 10: Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my mobo and CPU, but after moving my SSD to the new PC it won't reactivate Windows 10. I keep going to Settings to reactivate but it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Craig60446, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

I upgraded my mobo and CPU, but after moving my SSD to the new PC it won't reactivate Windows 10. I keep going to Settings to reactivate but it keeps saying "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. " It's said that for 4 days so I don't think trying again later is going to help.

:)

Craig60446, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 15, 2019
  3. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

I recently did some major hardware upgrades on my computer, including replacing the motherboard. A week before I did this I linked my digital license to my microsoft account so I could reactivate windows after the upgrade, following the steps on this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

After following the second set of steps I'm given this error:

"We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try
    again later."

Clicking "See other devices" shows me nothing except:

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices.

If you're not seeing your current device, make sure you're signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device. "

I'm signed in on this computer as an admin with my Microsoft account. Is there anything else I can try to reactivate Windows 10?

AMonoceros, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

1. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - won't reactivate hardware

2. Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change: I have been trying to reactivate my Windows 10, which was originally upgraded from 7 shortly after I got my PC a couple years ago. I have used the trouble shooter and tried the methods listed in the online documentation regarding errors with activation after hardware change....
  3. How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...

How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...: Hello, I bought some years ago an Asus VivoPC K20CD with an integrated Windows 10 family edition licence. Recently, I did change it's motherboard and it's RAM stick and had the text in the right corner of my screen asking me to Activate windows by accessing to the...
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change: hi i need some reactivating windows after I upgraded my computer, I have already tried the troubleshooter and what this (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change) said. thanks...
  5. Windows 10 not reactivating after hardware change

Windows 10 not reactivating after hardware change: I changed the motherboard in my pc recently. I associated the device with my Microsoft account beforehand so I could continue using Windows 10. It worked initially, but since yesterday it says that my version of windows is not activated. The same device is now also listed...
  6. Windows 10 reactivation after Hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reactivation after Hardware change: I upgraded Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro, but recently I had a power spike and the motherboard was fried. I have replaced the motherboard and now Windows requires re-activation. I have put in my original Windows 7 Product ID, but it is refused with the error message...
  7. Windows 10 reactivation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 reactivation after hardware change: Hello, so I've upgraded my motherboard and now can't reactivate my windows 10. I have already tried pressing the troubleshoot button then pressing the "I've changed hardware" button then choosing the device I want to transfer my windows to but it only says "We can't...
  8. Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10

Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10: On Christmas day I upgraded my computer and cannot reactivate my windows 10 home on the computer. I have followed the step and it did not fix my problem. I have added a new mobo and now i'm stuck with the Activate Windows mark on my screen. My windows 10 key is digital...
  9. Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change: So I've recently changed out my mobo for a new one and I've tried to run the troubleshooter for reactivating windows, it prompts me to log into my Microsoft account in which I did, then it showed my device to choose to activate windows on, I did that, but after it gives an...
  10. Upgraded hardware, windows needs to be reactivated.

Upgraded hardware, windows needs to be reactivated.: I recently got a new motherboard, cpu, and ram installed in my pc and I now have a watermark at the bottom of my screen saying "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows". I went to the activation settings, clicked troubleshoot and a tab opens up saying "We...