Windows 10: Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my mobo and CPU, but after moving my SSD to the new PC it won't reactivate Windows 10. I keep going to Settings to reactivate but it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Craig60446, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

I upgraded my mobo and CPU, but after moving my SSD to the new PC it won't reactivate Windows 10. I keep going to Settings to reactivate but it keeps saying "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. " It's said that for 4 days so I don't think trying again later is going to help.

:)

Craig60446, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 15, 2019
  3. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

I recently did some major hardware upgrades on my computer, including replacing the motherboard. A week before I did this I linked my digital license to my microsoft account so I could reactivate windows after the upgrade, following the steps on this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

After following the second set of steps I'm given this error:

"We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try
    again later."

Clicking "See other devices" shows me nothing except:

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices.

If you're not seeing your current device, make sure you're signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device. "

I'm signed in on this computer as an admin with my Microsoft account. Is there anything else I can try to reactivate Windows 10?

AMonoceros, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

1. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - won't reactivate hardware

2. Windows won't reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't reactivate after hardware change: I have been working on trying to reactivate my windows since a hardware change a month ago. I can go to my account's purchase history and see my purchase of windows 10 home on the windows store for this account. And yet even though it was activated and linked to this account...
  3. Windows won't reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't reactivate after hardware change: I have been working on trying to reactivate my windows since a hardware change a month ago. I can go to my account's purchase history and see my purchase of windows 10 home on the windows store for this account. And yet even though it was activated and linked to this account...
  4. Windows 10 Won't Reactivate After Hardware Change

Windows 10 Won't Reactivate After Hardware Change: I changed the graphics card of my Windows 10 computer and now I cannot re-activate Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 with the Digital License. The only components I have ever changed on this computer were the graphics card and RAM, so I should think the digital license...
  5. Reactivate Windows 10 after PC Hardware Upgrade

Reactivate Windows 10 after PC Hardware Upgrade: Hi I just upgraded my PC Motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, Etc and kept my old SSD and HDD drives with windows installed which was activated with a Windows 10 Pro license. However now Windows 10 says it's unactivated, and that I need to buy it. I have tried troubleshooting and it...
  6. Reactivation after hardware upgrade

Reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi guys, I just upgraded my PC CPU, motherboard, RAM, and SSD to be specific and having problems reactivating my Windows 10. I was using a Windows 10 home retail key brought on Amazon upgraded to pro and linked to my Microsoft account. Tried the troubleshooting and change...
  7. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware change: Hello, Recently I upgraded my PC, which involved a new motherboard and processor. I have been trying to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 Pro to no avail. The activation troubleshooter keeps giving me the error code 0xC004F213, even though I can see my previous activation...
  8. Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade

Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade: I've recently upgraded my home desktop replacing everything but my harddrive, gpu, and power supply. Before doing so I attempted to get my windows 10 pro key for reactivation but was told that it would saved to my windows account since I'm keeping the hardrives the same...
  9. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  10. Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change: I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it won't reactivate, and has the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont activate after hardware upgrade says wont reactivate on this device

2. changed hardware windows 10 wont let me reactiviate

3. windows 10 wont reactivate