Windows 10: Windows 10 won’t read my embroidery designs

Discus and support Windows 10 won’t read my embroidery designs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10, i download embroidery designs, you have to pick a format which is jef, i download them into an Embroidery file then a file fir the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jennyjacobsen2, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won’t read my embroidery designs

I have windows 10, i download embroidery designs, you have to pick a format which is jef, i download them into an Embroidery file then a file fir the company I brought them from. They go automatically to adobe reader which wont read them, if I change them to word they wont encode they and unreadable, microsoft spent hours remote looking but cant solve it, the embriodry site im on the ladies say they can. Im really confused, is there a windows site i can get answer ive just brought s new embroidery machine and wont be able to buy designs

thanks jenny

:)

Jennyjacobsen2, Jan 27, 2020
  2. ElaineIam Win User

Windows 10, downloading machine embroidery designs with JEF extension

I use the Janome 350 embroidery machine. I have not been able to use any design downloads from the internet sites I use since downloading WINDOWS 10. All worked beautifully in Windows 7: download from website, save to computer, save to USB under Janome
    design file, JEF, transfer onto embroidery machine, JUST FINE.

Due to this issue, I cannot sew/embroider any new designs. When I download I get a message, "how do you want to open this file?" At that point nothing happens to open the file.

I know (found out after downloading Windows 10 and too late to reinstall Windows 7) that reading the 3 digit JEF (or any 3 digit) was a problem, "Something couldn't read something." I have been advised not to re-download Windows 7, but I have my product
    key if MICROSOFT says to do so.

Please help me solve this problem. Exact step by step instructions, directions where to go to get help if needed, and please use simple non-computer language

ElaineIam, Jan 27, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unable to open Embroidery Designs

Hi Carol

Are your Embroidery designs in the PES file format and have you installed the appropriate Embroidery software?

If you go into that software and open those Embroidery designs from inside that software, are you successfully able to do that, rather than double clicking one of those files?

DaveM121, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won’t read my embroidery designs

compatability of Windows 10 with embroidery software, 4D Embroidery, in particular?

I did everything suggested for my 5D. I have a Topaz 30 that uses VP3 format. I could get 5D to work with windows 10 except when I exported the designs to the USB drive, only some of the blocks would send to the sewing machine. I finally just upgraded
    to Premier + embroidery. I didn't buy all the modules, just the embroidery, it was $600. Thanks for your help.

constanceseip, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won’t read my embroidery designs

1. Windows 10 won’t read my embroidery designs - Similar Threads - won’t read embroidery

2. When downloading embroidery designs from the internet, when I open the file I get a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When downloading embroidery designs from the internet, when I open the file I get a...: I'm downloading embroidery designs from the internet, when I open the file I get a scrambled notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-downloading-embroidery-designs-from-the/bed4092f-6aaf-4348-a409-3d747f9fc382
  3. I have Windows 10 and now my 6D Embroidery Software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have Windows 10 and now my 6D Embroidery Software: I have been able to print out my designs before I take design to the machine. Just recently now I tried to print out designs before embroidering, it is printing black blocks instead of the design. Anyone know what the problem is?...
  4. downloading embroidery designs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading embroidery designs: I have an Asus laptop that is in Microsoft Safe Mode. I am trying to open files on my thumb drive. It is asking for a Windows app. Any clues of what I need?...
  5. Thread Embroidery Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thread Embroidery Software: I keep getting a message to log in. What information do I need to log in to use this software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thread-embroidery-software/63f022c3-4060-4ebc-9e88-e72d11f673a2
  6. The read-only option won’t unselect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The read-only option won’t unselect: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GetCrazyWCheeseWhiz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fd07s9/the_readonly_option_wont_unselect/
  7. Unable to open Embroidery Designs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open Embroidery Designs: I have a new PC with Windows 10. Previously I used a computer with Windows 7 and had no problems for years. Now, for some reason Windows 10 will not allow me to work with my designs. I thought 10 was suppose to be better and more efficient. I find it to be worse. I spend...
  8. embroidery files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    embroidery files: I recently purchased a new computer and receive an error of "path too long for most of my files I have downloaded, making these files I have purchased useless. I have tried to shorten the file name but cannot because it is still in zip mode. what can I do?...
  9. Pfaff 5D embroidery software and Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pfaff 5D embroidery software and Windows 10: I have just had to upgrade to Windows 10 from windows Vista. Now my 5D software suite (version 9.5.1.0) will open but does not work properly. The Hasp works, but several modules of the suite do not work the way they should. My computer technician who installed Windows 10...
  10. Embroidery Programs flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Embroidery Programs flashing: I have 2 laptops each with a different embroidery program installed on them. They both worked with Windows 7 just fine. I updated to windows 10 a couple of weeks ago after researching to make sure both programs would work with 10. Everything I read said they would. On both...