Windows 10: Windows 10 won't read my SD card

Discus and support Windows 10 won't read my SD card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I haven't tried to connect a SD card on any PC before and this is my first time doing it, I tried to connect a Lexar Multi-use 4 GB SDHC card that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TBDXxam, Jul 21, 2019.

1. TBDXxam Win User

Windows 10 won't read my SD card

I haven't tried to connect a SD card on any PC before and this is my first time doing it, I tried to connect a Lexar Multi-use 4 GB SDHC card that was in my Nintendo 3DS XL to my HP Laptop and nothing showed up, Windows didn't read it nor recognize it.

I've tried methods like updating and uninstalling my universal serial bus controller drivers, enabling some stuff, etc and none of these work, I've also tried to connect a different SD card (SanDisk SD Card) and it didn't work either.

Can someone please help? I've been trying to get my SD card to work since yesterday. (By the way, english isn't my first language)

:)

TBDXxam, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Sandy JUL Win User

Windows 10 not reading SD card

Windows 10 will not read my SD cards. I have tried updating the drivers and other suggestions to no avail. I also have a small SD card that needs an adapter and plugs into a usb port. It doesn't read this either.

Sandy JUL, Jul 21, 2019
  3. ChrisM& Win User
    Windows 10 not reading SD Cards

I have the same issue. Not reading SD card in Windows 10 despite trying all the suggested

ChrisM&, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 not reading SD Cards

Hi,

Thank You for replying with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and try installing it in compatibility
      mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Method 3:

Please check if the Micro SD card is listed in disk management.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click on disk management
    • Check if the Micro SD card is listed
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't read my SD card - Similar Threads - won't read card

2. My computer suddenly won't read my micro SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer suddenly won't read my micro SD card: Hi! I'm having trouble accessing my SD card on my Windows 11 computer. It didn't work before I updated either. I have tried plugging it in with different readers, different cards but doesn't work. The cards does however work on my Macbook so I don't think there is a problem...
  3. Computer won't read SD cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't read SD cards: Hi. I have an HP Omni 220 PC which I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on. Before the reinstall, the SD card drive on it worked fine, but now it won't work at all! The SD card I have still works on other computers, and changing the drive letters did nothing. Does anyone know...
  4. Windows 10 won't read or recognize my SD card

Windows 10 won't read or recognize my SD card: I just upgraded my HP computer desktop to Windows 10 from Window 8.1 as my hard drive failed and had to install a new one. Inserting an SD card in Windows 8.1 worked perfectly, it would open PMB, where I store my photos, and I was all set. Now I cannot get the computer to...
  5. SD card not reading

SD card not reading: hi my sd card was importing pictures and videos perfectly until it seems i did an update on windows 10.i have a lenovo laptop.for the last 2 days when i put the sd card in nothing happens,the sd card is from a wildlife trail cam.Please help...
  6. SD card not reading

SD card not reading: I've inserted the SD card and it isn't visible on my Lenovo Yogi laptop. There are no updates waiting. Worked before I installed Windows 10, now nothing... USB thumb drive works no problems....
  7. Windows will not read a SD card

Windows will not read a SD card: Used a new card reader the first week of Jan 2020 with no problem with either micro or regular sd cards. Could view and copy files. Now after a few updates to Windows 10 nothing is visible. I unchecked hide empty drives and now there is a list of the drives associated with...
  8. windows 10 doesnt read my sd card

windows 10 doesnt read my sd card: hello. I just recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and everything is been working fine, but I just find out windows 10 doesn't read the sd card install on my computer. is there a solution for that? I looks like I need a sd card driver. do you have one?...
  9. my sd card readed not working

my sd card readed not working: After upgrading to Windows 10 my SD Card not recognized, my PC does not detect the card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sd-card-readed-not-working/d9c367b7-7411-4a7e-bb70-8716a275fbc7
  10. why will windows 10 not read my sd card

in Windows 10 Customization
    why will windows 10 not read my sd card: I have been trying to take off my pictures from a micro sd card using an sd card reader and a usb micro sd card reader, in multiple computers usb and sd card readers and micro sd cards. the micro sd card shows in my phone and my kindle, but will not show up in this computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pc wont shutdown after reading sd card