Windows 10: Windows 10 won't read or recognize my SD card

Discus and support Windows 10 won't read or recognize my SD card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded my HP computer desktop to Windows 10 from Window 8.1 as my hard drive failed and had to install a new one. Inserting an SD card in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulEllis9, May 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't read or recognize my SD card

I just upgraded my HP computer desktop to Windows 10 from Window 8.1 as my hard drive failed and had to install a new one. Inserting an SD card in Windows 8.1 worked perfectly, it would open PMB, where I store my photos, and I was all set. Now I cannot get the computer to read my SD card from my camera. Is there a way to fix this?. I need step by step help with Windows 10 since I am not 'tech savvy." I have researched this on various Microsoft forums and have tried all the fixes I understood, still no luck, does not show up in explorer, does not troubleshoot.

:)

PaulEllis9, May 12, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my SD Card as a local drive

Jon,

You posted that you would try the suggested steps by Tryx3. May we have an update if the suggested steps have resolved the issue about your SD card being recognized as a fixed drive in Windows 10?

David Haz, May 12, 2021
  3. Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal

Could you provide a little more detail as to how you know that Windows is not recognizing the removal of the SD card? What are you seeing specifically that leads you to this conclusion?

Also, could you please try this:

Start with SD card inserted.
    Open a command prompt and run the command "diskpart". Wait for the "DISKPART>" prompt.
    Run the command "list disk".
    All disks (including the SD card) should be listed. It should be obvious which the SD card is by its size.
    Remove the SD card.
    Run "list disk" again.
    Does the SD card still show up?
    Run "exit" to exit from diskpart.
    Close the command prompt.

hsehestedt, May 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 won't read or recognize my SD card

Windows 10 does not recognize 128gb micro sd card

Hi Steve,

To better assist you, provide us with the following information:

• Do any other SD cards work on your Windows 10 laptop?
    • Have you tried checking if your Kingston SD10VG2 works on other computers? If not, we suggest you to do so.
    • Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this concern?

For possible resolution, check if the SD card is listed in Disk Management by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Disk Management.

3. Check if Kingston SD10VG2
    is listed.

If the SD card is not listed in Disk Management, we recommend you to check
    for an updated driver from the manufacturer and have the latest version installed. After ensuring that the correct driver is installed, check if the device is recognized in the Device Manager.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't read or recognize my SD card

1. Windows 10 won't read or recognize my SD card - Similar Threads - won't read recognize

2. Computer won't read SD cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't read SD cards: Hi. I have an HP Omni 220 PC which I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on. Before the reinstall, the SD card drive on it worked fine, but now it won't work at all! The SD card I have still works on other computers, and changing the drive letters did nothing. Does anyone know...
  3. SD card not reading

SD card not reading: hi my sd card was importing pictures and videos perfectly until it seems i did an update on windows 10.i have a lenovo laptop.for the last 2 days when i put the sd card in nothing happens,the sd card is from a wildlife trail cam.Please help...
  4. Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader: Very frustrating trying to figure out the problem. Installed 32GB Class 10 SD Card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J1G261N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in Game Camera, formatted per instructions and set the unit outside. Just retrieved it, and tried...
  5. SD card not reading

SD card not reading: I've inserted the SD card and it isn't visible on my Lenovo Yogi laptop. There are no updates waiting. Worked before I installed Windows 10, now nothing... USB thumb drive works no problems....
  6. Windows will not read a SD card

Windows will not read a SD card: Used a new card reader the first week of Jan 2020 with no problem with either micro or regular sd cards. Could view and copy files. Now after a few updates to Windows 10 nothing is visible. I unchecked hide empty drives and now there is a list of the drives associated with...
  7. Windows 10 won't recognize SD card from camera

Windows 10 won't recognize SD card from camera: laptop with windows all of a sudden won't recognize SD card from camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-recognize-sd-card-from-camera/b8567e56-7747-4332-b9ef-4231699629f6
  8. Windows 10 won't read my SD card

Windows 10 won't read my SD card: I haven't tried to connect a SD card on any PC before and this is my first time doing it, I tried to connect a Lexar Multi-use 4 GB SDHC card that was in my Nintendo 3DS XL to my HP Laptop and nothing showed up, Windows didn't read it nor recognize it. I've tried methods...
  9. recognize sd card?

in Windows 10 Customization
    recognize sd card?: Why won't my new HP computer with windows 10 recognize my sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recognize-sd-card/ef515805-90db-433c-bfe0-66bc3facf4b7
  10. Windows won't recognize my SD Card

Windows won't recognize my SD Card: I have a 64GB SanDisk Ultra Plus Micro SD Card with a SD Card adapter. I plugged it into my computer and it says I need to format the micro SD card before I use it and I formatted it and it says "Windows can't complete the format" and when I used a USB-SD card adapter and...