Windows 10: Windows 10 won't reboot following machine reset

Discus and support Windows 10 won't reboot following machine reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Following my Father-in-Law's death I have tried to reset his laptop so I can pass it on. However, it now reboots to a blue page with location,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanWebb2, Dec 17, 2018.

1. AlanWebb2 Win User

Windows 10 won't reboot following machine reset

Hi,

Following my Father-in-Law's death I have tried to reset his laptop so I can pass it on. However, it now reboots to a blue page with location, keyboard and time zone options and then a blue restart page with connecting to internet to download missing files, and keeps recycling these pages.

HELP!

I don't have access to his reboot disk, that is, if he ever did one, nor any of the passwords requested in the troubleshoot pages that I've tried to resolve this myself.

Any ideas / suggestions, or is the machine now dead?

Season's Greetings

Alan Webb

P.S. the Laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5040, originally supplied with Windows 7 and subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade.

:)

AlanWebb2, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't reboot following machine reset - Similar Threads - won't reboot following

2. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset: When I boot my PC only once in the morning it will not boot on the first attempt. I reset and it boots fine. Below are my stats:Anyone know what else to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  3. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset: When I boot my PC only once in the morning it will not boot on the first attempt. I reset and it boots fine. Below are my stats:Anyone know what else to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  4. Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates: We shut down a Windows 10 machine last night which included installing updates. It will now not start, coming up with diagnostics which fail. Options like starting in safe mode fail. Where do we go from here The windows in the office are too high to throw the computer out so...
  5. Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates: We shut down a Windows 10 machine last night which included installing updates. It will now not start, coming up with diagnostics which fail. Options like starting in safe mode fail. Where do we go from here The windows in the office are too high to throw the computer out so...
  6. Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot: I'm going to try and keep the story short. I am using the Windows Insider preview 20.04 I followed a tutorial on how to reset the windows 10 update (I'm sure it's nothing to do with the method, just my system didn't like it) I downloaded the reg file, and then it was...
  8. Windows 10 activation following reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation following reset: I have a laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 upon it's release from Windows 8.1. Since then it's become very slow and refused to install the latest Windows update. As a result I reset my laptop, keeping my documents. Upon starting up again, I'm being told that Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Reset Following crash - Wouldn't reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset Following crash - Wouldn't reboot: This morning, I was working and then my Laptop crashed, full on dead. When i finally got it to reboot, i kept getting error messages after it was trying to Diagnose the system and my options were to keep restarting (which I did about 10 times) and getting the same error...
  10. Laptop won't boot following reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't boot following reset: I reset the computer after it wouldn't boot. Now, when I start it, I get the blue screen that says there was a problem and Windows will restart. But it doesn't restart, just turns itself off. This was a complete reset, deleting everything....