Windows 10: Windows 10 won't recognise my internal hard drive.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't recognise my internal hard drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an internal hard drive of 320GB. Recently my computer started failing to boot. Everything wasn't working even system restore command using CMD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/healansonfiree, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't recognise my internal hard drive.

I have an internal hard drive of 320GB. Recently my computer started failing to boot. Everything wasn't working even system restore command using CMD. Today I tried using my USB to format it but my hard drive isn't showing. The only thing that's recognised is the USB which has the Windows. I even tried using CMD to prompt the 'DISKPART> List Disk' command but once again the USB is showing.

What could be the cause of this? Is my internal hard drive damaged completely?

submitted by /u/healansonfiree
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/healansonfiree, Mar 25, 2020
  2. lvr181 Win User

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive.

Win10 does not "see" it!
    But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive!

How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie.

Thanks.

lvr181, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Malcexx Win User
    Failure to access files on a recognised internal hard drive.

My system has three internal and two external hard drives and has been running well for six years. I upgraded to Windows 10 about a year ago and it continued to function perfectly, accessing files on all hard drives. Two days ago, I was unable to access
    any of the files on one of the internal hard drives, although the system still recognised the drive on 'Disc Management' and was able to tell me how much was used etc. Windows Explorer told me that the 'folder is empty'.

At my wit's end, I (foolishly, as it turned out) went through the commands in the drop-down menus of 'Disc Management' and tried Actions, Refresh, which lost the identity of the disc completely. It is now recognised as present in 'Disc Management' but not
    elsewhere.

Is there any way of reversing the actions of 'Refresh' (I can't find anything about it on the entire www) and, having done that, how do I get access to the files on the disc without losing the whole lot?

Malcexx, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won't recognise my internal hard drive.

windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

On computers one can have multiple flash drives and multiple hard drives. Currently windows 10 is not finding the internal HD when I add it to one of the bays inside of the computer.

So far I have done the following:

1) restarted the computer clicking the F2 key then running HD quick test in the bios. There all flash drives and hard drives are displayed.

2) used administrative command prompt then entered diskpart then list disk. There it does not display one of the internal hard drives.

3) right clicked on the start then clicked disk management. There it does not display one of the hard drives.

4) moved the internal hard drive to another computer to another internal hard drive bay where steps 2 and 3 above display the hard drive.

How come the HD is discovered by the bios but not the windows 10 professional operating system?

How come the HD is discovered by the bios and windows 10 professional operating system in another computer?

What part of windows 10 pro needs to be worked up or fixed so that the internal hard drive is found by the windows 10 operating system on all computers? There were no integrity violations with sfc /scannow nor were there any problems found using dism /online
    /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

questions_, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't recognise my internal hard drive.

1. Windows 10 won't recognise my internal hard drive. - Similar Threads - won't recognise internal

2. Iomega Hard Drive not Recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iomega Hard Drive not Recognised: My Iomega Hard Drive which has been working on my home network for over 5 years is not seen by either of the two pc's running Windows 10 since January 2020. I am therefore unable to access to save or view any media. Can you advise please?...
  3. Hard Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Not Recognised: I have a Dell Inspiron with a SSD 128GB and an HDD 1TB. I am not technically knowledgeable, but have been able to run all diagnostics I can trace regarding my issue. The HDD is no longer visible in File Explorer. I have run an F2 and an F12 diagnostic from the Dell boot...
  4. Internal Hard Drive

Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  5. my internal hard-drive won't let me write on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my internal hard-drive won't let me write on it: I was updating a game on my computer when an error message came up telling me that i could write on my D:/ drive and that i could only read off of it. The drive, and windows are saying that their is no problem and the writing permissions are turned on in the security tab in...
  6. External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10

External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10: External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-recognised-by-windows-10/586fb24b-b574-4f17-93f7-1820576671af
  7. Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised: After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive. Win10 does not "see" it! But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive! How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie....
  8. my external hard drive is NOT recognised

my external hard drive is NOT recognised: I have Windows 10 Home edition, How do I find Windows.old And How do I install my External Hard Drive, it does NOT show up on my PC. I need help asap. Please....
  9. SSD recognised as hard drive

SSD recognised as hard drive: I have an SSD for my C drive and Windows tells me it's a hard drive, I know it's not because I can see it sitting inside my PC. I ran "winsat formal" in cmd twice and that did not fix it. windows also wants me to "optimise" it. so what do I do?...
  10. Is my internal hard drive damaged?

Is my internal hard drive damaged?: I have a 1tb internal hard drive from an old laptop that i have not used. But might have stored very little if any. I put it in an enclosure and connected it via usb to my chromebook. When i did this, i noticed it showed the files etc. But because im not that familiar with...