Windows 10: Windows 10 won't recognise my microphone

Discus and support Windows 10 won't recognise my microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Corsair HS50 Pro Stereo headset with a microphone, and I can hear things through the headset, but the microphone is a completely different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sk8erboy242, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't recognise my microphone

I have a Corsair HS50 Pro Stereo headset with a microphone, and I can hear things through the headset, but the microphone is a completely different story. I've tried both this headset and some generic mobile in-ear headphones and both have the same issue, when i'm talking in a meeting, i'm super quiet. I've looked in audio settings at the microphone section and this headset isn't even an input option, nor is it an option for hearing audio. The only options I have for both are Realtek Audio. I've changed the Privacy settings to allow apps to use the microphone also but this hasn't fixed the issue of the headset not being recognised.

:)

Sk8erboy242, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Tjs77 Win User

microphone stopped being recognised by Windows 10 - worked perfectly for two years

My microphone stopped working. Windows 10 just doesn't recognise it if I plug it in or disconnect it. It was working perfectly a few hours ago and nothing has changed. Any suggestions? If I right click on the speaker icon, go to Recording Devices its not
    listed. And if I disconnect it by USB and reconnect it, it doesn't show any activity in the window relating to it. Any suggestions?

Tjs77, Apr 6, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 6, 2021
  4. songbird Win User

Windows 10 won't recognise my microphone

How to make computer recognise external microphone

Hi Everyone
    I am using a small netbook laptop Lenovo about 4 years old. The Windows 10 version is 1903.

Now that we are all locked down I am using zoom a lot BUT so far I have had to use it on my smartphone because on this computer, although I can hear other people, they cannot hear me.I had this problem a few years ago with skype though that seemed to happen after skype upgraded and I blamed skype and the upgrade. Since then for videocalls I have mainly used whatsApp but on phone, of course.

Now that we are all using zoom so much and because I was encountering this same microphone problem - the App apparently not recognising the internal microphone - it was suggested to me that I should buy an external microphone. This I have done BUT it has not helped and the problem seems to be that the computer just does not recognise it is there. If I go to Settings, then System then Sound it is still only giving me the option 'Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)' that it always has i.e. the built in microphone.

So my question is: to use Zoom with the laptop, which will be much better for meetings with more than 4 people, how do I connect in the external microphone? (It connects via the audio jack).

Thank you for any help uyou can give.

songbird, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't recognise my microphone

1. Windows 10 won't recognise my microphone - Similar Threads - won't recognise microphone

2. External Microphone not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Microphone not recognised: I have been trying to set up an external microphone for my laptop, except it refuses to recognise the device. The basic details are:-Windows 11 Home-Microphone is one that came in the LVLUP 6 in one gaming bundle-Laptop is MSI Katana GF66I have a headset with a microphone...
  3. External Microphone not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Microphone not recognised: I have been trying to set up an external microphone for my laptop, except it refuses to recognise the device. The basic details are:-Windows 11 Home-Microphone is one that came in the LVLUP 6 in one gaming bundle-Laptop is MSI Katana GF66I have a headset with a microphone...
  4. Dragon 13.6 not recognising my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragon 13.6 not recognising my microphone: I have been using Dragon 13.6 software for some time and have just purchased a new microphone setup. The software is not able to find my microphone even though the microphone is working perfectly for Zoom meetings and also with the Microsoft sound recording app. I have a good...
  5. Dragon 13.6 not recognising my microphone

Dragon 13.6 not recognising my microphone: I have been using Dragon 13.6 software for some time and have just purchased a new microphone setup. The software is not able to find my microphone even though the microphone is working perfectly for Zoom meetings and also with the Microsoft sound recording app. I have a good...
  6. Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner

Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner: This question was raised by another user several years ago. I tried their solution disconnect ethernet cable and restart, but it made no difference, so I'm posting again. I have a new Xerox Workcentre 6515 all-in-one printer/scanner. The printing side of it works fine, from...
  7. Windows won't recognise my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows won't recognise my password: I have not used my office computer whilst working from home but when I try to log in, it won't recognise my password or pin number so I am locked out of the computer. The only buttons I can access is power and ease of use. There is no start button. I have logged on to windows...
  8. Microphone not recognised by Realtek

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not recognised by Realtek: I recently acquired a headset, but cannot get the mic to work. I have tested it in another device, and the mic works fine. I have tested other headsets on mh laptop, but to no avail I have a single headset jack on my laptop, and am running Realtek HD Audio drivers in...
  9. Team's won't recognise my web camera but can use it as a microphone?

Team's won't recognise my web camera but can use it as a microphone?: Any suggestions as to how i can get Teams to use my Webcam? It can see the device as it comes up as an option for the microphone? I can select the Logitech wireless headset microphone in its place but can't select it as a camera option? Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Microphone not recognised?

Microphone not recognised?: Hi I've been looking for a solution to a problem where my laptop doesn't recognise my microphone connected to my headset for quite some time. It's an external microphone but after messing around for some time even my internal microphone is now not responding to input and I...