Windows 10: Windows 10 won't recognise my password. Luckily I can get in using my Pin Number but want...

Discus and support Windows 10 won't recognise my password. Luckily I can get in using my Pin Number but want... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It says it doesn't recognise my password and in order to get a new password, I have to enter the old one, that's not much help! I can get in using my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SusanMartineau1, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't recognise my password. Luckily I can get in using my Pin Number but want...

It says it doesn't recognise my password and in order to get a new password, I have to enter the old one, that's not much help! I can get in using my Pin Number but if that should suddenly not be recognised either, I'd have no access. Why can't I create a new password, having first accessed the entry screen with my Pin?

:)

SusanMartineau1, Jan 22, 2019

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Jan 22, 2019
  4. SJM2 Win User

Windows 10 won't recognise my password. Luckily I can get in using my Pin Number but want...

Unrecognised password

My Acer laptop does not recognise the password I have used for the last two years to open the computer. Luckily I had a pin number which was recognised. I would like to have a password too (in case the pin is suddenly not recognised either) but can't find out how to register a new password since Windows says I don't know the old one. Since I am the only one to use the laptop and it is in a secure location, a password is really not necessary and it is very frustrating to be locked out of my own computer.

Thema:

Windows 10 won't recognise my password. Luckily I can get in using my Pin Number but want...

1. Windows 10 won't recognise my password. Luckily I can get in using my Pin Number but want... - Similar Threads - won't recognise password

2. I want to restore my windows account password with my mobile number but I'm not getting a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to restore my windows account password with my mobile number but I'm not getting a...: I have created Windows account, haven't used it at all, forgot password, want to restore it with my mobile number, after I enter the last 4 digits, nothing happens. I cannot restore it another way because I never used it and the questions asked by MS implies some historical...
  3. I want to restore my windows account password with my mobile number but I'm not getting a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to restore my windows account password with my mobile number but I'm not getting a...: I have created Windows account, haven't used it at all, forgot password, want to restore it with my mobile number, after I enter the last 4 digits, nothing happens. I cannot restore it another way because I never used it and the questions asked by MS implies some historical...
  4. Why doesn't my computer recognise my sign-in pin number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't my computer recognise my sign-in pin number?: My computer sign in screen suddenly does not recognise my pin. This is very annoying because all Microsoft's instructions assume that I can press the Windows key etc etc, but I can't get past the screensaver! Set up the account over 10 years ago and have just heard from...
  5. Why doesn't my computer recognise my sign-in pin number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't my computer recognise my sign-in pin number?: My computer sign in screen suddenly does not recognise my pin. This is very annoying because all Microsoft's instructions assume that I can press the Windows key etc etc, but I can't get past the screensaver! Set up the account over 10 years ago and have just heard from...
  6. I want to get rid of my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to get rid of my pin: I made a pin when my laptop updated months ago but I don't want it anymore, I want my default login to be my picture login. But when I try to remove the pin, my settings say I don't have one and that I cannot have one on this laptop. How can I fix it?...
  7. Windows won't recognise my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows won't recognise my password: I have not used my office computer whilst working from home but when I try to log in, it won't recognise my password or pin number so I am locked out of the computer. The only buttons I can access is power and ease of use. There is no start button. I have logged on to windows...
  8. my acer laptop won't show a window that i can enter a pin number in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my acer laptop won't show a window that i can enter a pin number in: i just got this laptop its new. i have been having problems trying to login. i've had to change the pin several times because it won't accept my pin. now it won't even give me a window to enter a pin into...
  9. My HP laptop won't recognise My password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My HP laptop won't recognise My password: My laptop won't accept my password. I've tried to reset the pc and clean drive fully but it then says additional free space is needed where windows is installed. Clear some space and try again. How on earth can I do that when I can't get into my pc?...
  10. Want to use PIN number

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to use PIN number: I had been using a PIN for logging in and all at once I have to use my Windows password. I went into sign-in Options and tried to enter a PIN and I get a screen saying: Making Sure It's You. It's asking me for my PIN and when I put it in nothing happens. I don't see where I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 i want to use password not pin

2. windows wont use my pin 2019