Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatible

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatibleIn my case, windows 10 could not find a compatible driver. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rich316313, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatible

Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatibleIn my case, windows 10 could not find a compatible driver. I went to Device Manager, update driver, Browse Computer, Let me pick, and selected Digital Media Device.

:)

Rich316313, Aug 26, 2021

2. windows 10 doesn't recognized internal fingerprint reader

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to uninstall fingerprint reader software from the computer and reinstall it in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps

Step1: Uninstall fingerprint reader software.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control Panel

• Go to Programs and Features

• Right click your fingerprint reader software from the list and tap or click
        Uninstall.

• Reboot your machine

Step 2: If you have executable file of the corresponding driver, I suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode. Follow the steps:

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select the version of Windows in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Also, refer:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Windows won,t recognise that i have changed my graphics card

Hi

I tried to put widows 10 on my PC but i was informed that my Nvidia 7300 graphics card was not compatible so i have changed my card to a Nvidia 610 which is, everything on the computer recognizes the new card and it is working fine now when i try to upgrade
    microsoft still thinks i have the 7300 card and won,t allow me to download it, what do i need to do.

Thanks Peter

Peter Bracewell, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Rob_U Win User

Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatible

Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader)

Windows Security seems to have randomly stopped recognizing my CAC reader, this happened early September.

Typically whenever I access a website that needs my CAC (email, DTS, etc), it prompts me to select my name from a list of credentials, which I do. Then a box pops up from Windows Security asking me to select a smart card device, I click the only option
    and proceed and that's about it.

Now, though, when windows security prompts me to select a smart card device, there is no option. Instead, it simply says "connect a smart card."

I have tried with three different smart cards, all of which operate on other computers, none on mine. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media as well as the Device Manager both recognize the CAC reader when plugged in. I've uninstalled the device from device
    manager, reinstalled it and also updated the driver from the product's website.

To me, it seems that the computer is still recognizing the reader and the software is there - but Windows Security is somehow blocking the system from accessing/recognizing/allowing the reader.

Any suggestions?

I'm running Windows 10 and the CAC reader is ActivIdentity's USB Reader v3.0, P/N: ZFG-9820GAC

Rob_U, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatible

1. Windows 10 Won't recognize card reader after upgrading. Driver not found or compatible - Similar Threads - Won't recognize card

2. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  3. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  4. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Card reader not recognized

Card reader not recognized: Surface won't recognize the vivitar any card reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader-not-recognized/2b198f68-39af-43ff-88f0-069e2b2407c0
  6. card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade

card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade: Hi. My windows 10 version is 1903(18362 836). My Rosewill RDCR 11004 media dashboard with USB ports and card slots worked fine until I upgraded to W10 a few months ago. I'm glad I did, by the way, but since then the card reader does not work and the cards fail to register...
  7. SD Card Reader - detects but won't read from it after upgrade to windows 10

SD Card Reader - detects but won't read from it after upgrade to windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, my SD card reader won't work properly. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CARD, and the driver has been updated and seems to work properly. I insert it, it recognizes it and makes the dunk sound, then when I try to open it, I get the error below....
  8. Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade

Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade: I have a Panasonic CF-52 toughbook that ha an internal SD card reader. The card reader was working fine with Windows 7 until I upgraded to Windows 10 last month. I have all of the current Windows updates and have read all of the similar posts but have not been able to get...
  9. Internal SD card reader not recognized

Internal SD card reader not recognized: Hello This is an old problem. I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized. When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown. In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD...
  10. sd card reader not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card reader not recognized: sd card reader not recognized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-recognized/10de784a-abbe-49b2-a77d-22385c823869"