Windows 10: Windows 10 won't recognize Windows 7 backup

Discus and support Windows 10 won't recognize Windows 7 backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day, I recently bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 pre-installed. I have a 12 year old PC with Windows 7. On my old PC I made a backup to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Unique_User_Martijn, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't recognize Windows 7 backup

Good day,

I recently bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 pre-installed. I have a 12 year old PC with Windows 7. On my old PC I made a backup to my WD-HDD. Unfortunately for me, Windows 10 on my new PC won't recognize my WD-HDD with the backup in backup and restore Windows 7. How do I fix this? I even tested on a laptop with Windows 8 and there the WD-HDD got recognized instantly.

Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Unique_User_Martijn, May 17, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won't recognize Windows 7 backup

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't recognize Windows 7 backup

1. Windows 10 won't recognize Windows 7 backup - Similar Threads - won't recognize backup

2. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 backup with Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have Windows 7 backup configured to run every Monday at 7:00 PM. Unless the computer is active at 7:00 PM on a Monday, the backup is skipped and scheduled for the following Monday. The laptop is configured to sleep when the cover is...
  3. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 backup with Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have Windows 7 backup configured to run every Monday at 7:00 PM. Unless the computer is active at 7:00 PM on a Monday, the backup is skipped and scheduled for the following Monday. The laptop is configured to sleep when the cover is...
  4. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Is it possible to backup a PC running Windows 10 Home on a network drive using the Windows 7 Backup feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-backup/3cb29150-cd17-457a-be58-ddae4366b6d7
  6. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Hello, I am noticing that when I make the Windows 7 Backup process Monthly in my case, on a network drive, except the WindowsImageBackup folder, it creates some extra files [ATTACH] KRAKEN is the name of my PC. Inside there is a folder with a lot of .zip files. I have...
  7. backup Windows 10 using windows 7 backup.

backup Windows 10 using windows 7 backup.: When I make an incremental backup in windows 7 after a successful complete backup, windows 7 backup always tell mein red that my backup is incomplete. So, I always have to reformat my external drive and redo a new full backup each time I backup. What's the problem?...
  8. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Installed Windows October 2018 Update yesterday (4/10/18) and was immediately unable to complete a Backup through Windows 7 Backup (media is write protected); however able to backup via File History ok, and completed system image with no problems (so media is not write...
  9. Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection: I had two windows 7 machines connected. Machine 1 was replaced with a windows 10 model. It is the machine that the printer was connected to. Now the homegroup function seems not to recognize the other machine, Machine 2. I've tried connecting from each machine and the other...
  10. Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10: Windows 7 had a super and simple backup system. Windows 10 also worked with this. For a time. Now it does not and there does not appear to be a simple system to replace what Windows 7 had. I would appreciate anybody who is aware of how to simply back up my PC sharing this...