Windows 10: Windows 10 wont reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Discus and support Windows 10 wont reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been trying to reset my PC all day. Its been stuttering randomly lately and its been 2 years since I installed windows, so I figured it was time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cfescript, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 wont reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

I have been trying to reset my PC all day. Its been stuttering randomly lately and its been 2 years since I installed windows, so I figured it was time for a clean wipe. I was able to go through the process and got through the "Resetting your PC X%" screen and then it took me to a blue screen with a few options. One was "Continue to Windows" one was "Troubleshoot" and the trouble shoot took me to another reset screen. Both of these would take me to windows and say, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I tried following this article to figure out how to fix this issue, but these methods either didn't fix it, or I had some sort of problem along the way. This is a custom built PC and I've never had any sort of virus problems or anything along those lines. Any help or advice is appreciated. I have been at this all day and haven't been able to get this to work at all.

OS Build: 18362.720

submitted by /u/cfescript
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cfescript, Feb 14, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 14, 2021
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Feb 14, 2021
  4. k0ngzy1 Win User

Windows 10 wont reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Having random resets on Windows 10

So this started happening today, I started getting random Kernel-Power critical errors (41) with zero bugs in the Event Data, and then I turned all bios to default, and I also removed the PS2 connector from my keyboard and began using USB, because I wasn't able to access bios, (sorry if that's unrelated, just trying to think of everything). I read on a thread about someone with a similar situation that if the resets are happening in Bios, then it means it's a hardware issue. I've been on bios for about 20 minutes, and usually this is around the time that the shutdown occurs. I thought it had to do with photoshop, tried not using photoshop, still crashed on me. Let me clarify as well, this is not a BSOD, this is just an immediate swap to black screens on both monitors for a brief amount of time (3 seconds) and then the Windows 10 start logo comes up with that teal offset window. The fans in my PC dont even stop moving, the lights dont turn off, it just resets. Any ideas?

edit: I also reverted to a system restore point before a critical windows update on the 27th, this didn't deter the reset. reset first happened while streaming Squad using OBS, second crash happened when just OBS was up.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that at the time of the last reset, I was verifying validity of game files, and my disk usage was maxed out for about, 7 minutes. (I have an extremely old 1tb HDD, if that warrants concern) I have also unplugged the motherboard reset switch, just to eliminate idea of reset switch being shorted

EDIT2: Direct question, "If the resets are not occurring in the bios, does this eliminate the fault of any hardware?"

Windows 10 64 bit home premium
    i7 4790k
    R9 290x Tri-X GPU
    Sentey 750W Modular power supply
    8gb (4x2) Corsair Vengeance
    Cooler Master 612 EVO aftermarket cooler

All connections seem to be secure.

k0ngzy1, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 wont reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

1. Windows 10 wont reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - Similar Threads - wont reset was

2. There is problem in reset your pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is problem in reset your pc.: My laptop doesn't boot properly it shows your PC does not start properly I tried every method and at the end I got for reset your pc without losing yours files but it also show error that their is some problem No changes were made can you please help me. All I see blue screen...
  3. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10: So my pc is getting problem, some apps cant run it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003eThen I want to reset this pc but it says: there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10.I try to sfc /scannow but it says: Windows Resource Protection found...
  4. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10: So my pc is getting problem, some apps cant run it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003eThen I want to reset this pc but it says: there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10.I try to sfc /scannow but it says: Windows Resource Protection found...
  5. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC": I've read so many guides to this now, but I am eternally stuck. I am simply trying to reset to factory settings, but after 1% progress I get "There was a problem resetting your PC". I've attempted sfc /scannow from Command Prompt, but I get "Windows Resource Protection...
  7. Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC

Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC: Hi, I want to reset my MSI, because my disk space in C is few GBs (although all my personal files are in D drive). I have two drives, C (where windows is installed) and D (where my data are saved + some software are installed). In attachment below you can see the available...
  8. Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC: Hi, I want to reset my MSI, because my disk space in C is few GBs (although all my personal files are in D drive). I have two drives, C (where windows is installed) and D (where my data are saved + some software are installed). In attachment below you can see the available...
  9. Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC

Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC: Hi, I want to reset my MSI, because my disk space in C is few GBs (although all my personal files are in D drive). I have two drives, C (where windows is installed) and D (where my data are saved + some software are installed). In attachment below you can see the...
  10. problem resetting windows 10. it shows "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC"

problem resetting windows 10. it shows "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC": I tried resetting windows 10 using the reset option in settings. But the resetting process gets aborted before it ends and it shows : "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC no changes were made"...