Windows 10: windows 10 won't restart only shut down

Discus and support windows 10 won't restart only shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my windows vs. 1809 run okay.. until I want to restart with no programs open the PC starts to shut down to restart ,, the monitor goes black.., then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ttodd0450, Mar 7, 2019.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

windows 10 won't restart only shut down

my windows vs. 1809 run okay.. until I want to restart with no programs open the PC starts to shut down to restart ,, the monitor goes black.., then the monitor goes to sleep, ( no signal to monitor) the it just sits there for many many minutes until I manually shut down with the power button to off..

I can create this scenario on every restart..

I I do a shut down instead of restart .. it shuts down okay but then doesn't 'always' start up -- unless I pull the a/c power from the PC rear and wait ten seconds... then it will restart ...

how to fix ?

:)

ttodd0450, Mar 7, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused windows 10 won't restart  only shut down :confused:*Mad windows 10 won't restart  only shut down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Mar 7, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Mar 7, 2019
  4. windows 10 won't restart only shut down

Heneral Luna, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 won't restart only shut down

1. windows 10 won't restart only shut down - Similar Threads - won't restart shut

2. PC won't shut down nor restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down nor restart: Hi,From time to time my PC shows "freezing behavior": suddenly programs don't run e,g opening Edge goes as far as a blank screen, the task manager cannot be closed properly and worse, the PV won't shutdown nor restart, the only thing I can do is shutting down by pressing and...
  3. PC won't shut down nor restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't shut down nor restart: Hi,From time to time my PC shows "freezing behavior": suddenly programs don't run e,g opening Edge goes as far as a blank screen, the task manager cannot be closed properly and worse, the PV won't shutdown nor restart, the only thing I can do is shutting down by pressing and...
  4. PC won't shut down nor restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  6. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  7. PC won't shut down or restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't shut down or restart.: Hi all, this is fairly simple to explain, so I'm gonna have 2 categories. 1: The Shutdown Basically, whenever I press on shutdown, or shutdown from my PC button, my Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard lose power, however my PC is still on. 2: The Restart This one is the easiest to...
  8. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  9. PC won't shut down or restart properly

PC won't shut down or restart properly: Hi, I recently installed a new CPU and motherboard and my computer won't shut down or restart properly. I've installed most of the drivers, with the exception of the Intel Management Engine driver. However, in device manager it shows that I already have it installed, so....
  10. Windows 10 won't shut down.

Windows 10 won't shut down.: From some days I'm having issue with windows shutdown.After clicking on shutdown,blue screen appears with shutting down written on it and then screen becomes blank and windows desktop appears. What should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 wont restart only shuts down

2. windows 10 wont restart shuts down

3. windows 10 wont restart

4. windows 10 shuts down wont restart