Windows 10: Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns

Discus and support Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The settings work fine until I add an alternative DNS for ipv6, I've never had this problem on previous windows installs. This is on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_Random_Lantern, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns

/u/A_Random_Lantern, Mar 2, 2021

2. Errors when setting Alternate DNS server

I do not have IPv6 connectivity at this time, which is why it is off in my configuration. That should not effect the alternate dns server. And in fact I can save the settings as long as I don't put in the alternate.

LemursMakingArmadillosOrate, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns

Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903

While troubleshooting network problems, I tried setting the IPV4 address manually and noticed the forth octet of an IPV4 Alternate DNS setting had been truncated from two digits to one digit. On my network the 4th octet of an IPV4 address should have been
    a two digit number, but only a 1 digit was displayed. I tried again to manually configure the network adapter settings, and on the Alternate DNS text box I entered the correct IPV4 address in the form of xxx.xxx.x.xx, but received an error message, "Can't
    save IP settings, Check one or more settings and try again". The dialog window for setting IPV4 Alternate DNS will not allow entering a value in the forth octet that has more than 1 digit, i.e. your can enter digits 0-9, but not digits 10-255. When switching
    back to Automatic DHCP it picks up the correct Alternate DNS value in the forth octet. Minor problem, but one that needs to be fixed.

Carter9304, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns

1. Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns - Similar Threads - won't save DNS

2. Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.: Hello,I need the following help to fix issue with DNS IPV6 in windows 10 22h2, when I click ok Windows 10 22H2 it tells me that it cannot save the DNS Server for IPV6.Any help to fix this issue would be great.Thanks...
  3. Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.: Hello,I need the following help to fix issue with DNS IPV6 in windows 10 22h2, when I click ok Windows 10 22H2 it tells me that it cannot save the DNS Server for IPV6.Any help to fix this issue would be great.Thanks...
  4. Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS: I manually set my DNS settings SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > ETHERNET > EDIT DNS SETTINGS. When I try to change my DNS Encryption for the Alternate IPv6, it is grayed out and "Unencrypted Only" is the default. After saving the settings, the manual changes reflect what I...
  5. Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS: I manually set my DNS settings SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > ETHERNET > EDIT DNS SETTINGS. When I try to change my DNS Encryption for the Alternate IPv6, it is grayed out and "Unencrypted Only" is the default. After saving the settings, the manual changes reflect what I...
  6. DNS Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Settings: Hello I was looking for different ways to help speed up my slow ADSL connection. I learned that changing your DNS settings to use a different provider is something that you could actually do for free So I did a search in google for the fastest DNS servers in Australia and I...
  7. Update turned on IPv6? Broke DNS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update turned on IPv6? Broke DNS?: I came to my PC this morning and I couldn't connect to anything on the internet. After some checking, I discovered I could ping IP addresses, but DNS wasn't resolving. Checking my settings, I saw that IPv6 was turned on - I am not positive, but I THINK I had disabled that a...
  8. Errors when setting Alternate DNS server

Errors when setting Alternate DNS server: If I got through the startmenu right click and choose Networkconnections to update my name servers I cannot add an alternate dns server. [ATTACH] If I go through the control panel it lets me set the Alternate DNS but then has a Windows Debug Error as I am closing the...
  9. Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset

Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset: In my home network, I have a DNS server set up. I'd like windows to use this server along with the standard Google DNS server. I set up my DNS servers like this: [ATTACH] I save the settings, even click the validate checkbox. It works for a while, but mainly after...
  10. Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903

Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903: While troubleshooting network problems, I tried setting the IPV4 address manually and noticed the forth octet of an IPV4 Alternate DNS setting had been truncated from two digits to one digit. On my network the 4th octet of an IPV4 address should have been a two digit number,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 cant add ipv6 secondary dns