Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't save password for my gmail

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't save password for my gmail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows mail won't accept correct password I had been using the Windows Mail app in Windows 10 for years without issue, when abruptly it began to tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KarenSannes, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Won't save password for my gmail

Windows mail won't accept correct password

I had been using the Windows Mail app in Windows 10 for years without issue, when abruptly it began to tell me my account settings were out of date. I was given an option to fix or dismiss said problem. When I opted to fix it, I was told to enter the correct password for my gmail account which had previously been functional. I made no changes to the accounts themselves or the settings of Windows Mail, and am able to access both of my mail accounts via a browser without issue.

When I reenter the correct password for either account, I'm given the same error message a number of times before being shown the 'current password' and asked to update it. The 'current password' is shown as 16 asterisks. I have never entered a 16 digit password - mine is 8 characters. I have not changed the password requirement for either account, yet Windows Mail will not accept the correct password and always eventually returns to showing me the 'current password' at 16 characters.

Please help - it's incredibly annoying.

:)

KarenSannes, Nov 15, 2020
  2. rgwten Win User

Edge won't remember Gmail password

Gmail is not listed in my save password. I can't manage it if it is not there and I can not get it to ask to save password.

rgwten, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Orion100 Win User

Windows 10 Won't save password for my gmail

IE11 User and PW Auto Populate not working on Gmail

Eeshwar,

Thanks for the quick reply. The settings you recommended were already checked. The issue appears to be with IE11 not saving the Gmail Web credentials which would be used for Gmail auto complete. How do I recover or add back in the Gmail Web credentials?
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Orion100, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't save password for my gmail

1. Windows 10 Won't save password for my gmail - Similar Threads - Won't save password

2. Why won't edge save my passwords any more?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't edge save my passwords any more?: Microsoft Edge used to save my passwords but it doesn't any more. It may once in a while its hit or miss but most of the time it doesn't. I have it selected to save passwords but it still doesn't. I even installed edge again but it didn't help. any ideas?...
  3. Windows 10 Mail won't save my password correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail won't save my password correctly: As stated above, Mail keeps altering my password. I enter the correct 8 character password, and Mail insists on changing it to 16 characters. Here is a screenshot of the correct 8 character password I enter:But when I go back to verify, Mail has changed it back to 16...
  4. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  5. gmail won't load with app for Windows 10

gmail won't load with app for Windows 10: I have had this issue several times. It seems to be fixed and then it stops loading again. Some people aren't receiving my email either and it may have cost me jobs as I work independently. Very frustrated....
  6. Passwords won't stay saved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Passwords won't stay saved: Hello! I've been having an issue ever since the update on the 13th. After the update, I opened Google Chrome and all of my passwords that I had saved were gone. I then opened Photoshop to learn that I was logged out of Adobe as well. Since then, every so often my passwords...
  7. Passwords won't save and/or won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Passwords won't save and/or won't work: On February 13, my google stored passwords and also passwords on my own no longer worked and/or were no longer saved. Does anyone know of a fix? Happy Valentine's Day to all....
  8. Windows 10 Remote Desktop won't save password

Windows 10 Remote Desktop won't save password: Hi, I am Windows 10 pro and have a remote app that usually works fine on Windows 7 PCs. Here is my issue If I use the built in Remote Desktop program then my program loads with the programs 'Login' box. I log into it and then the program just will not open (it sits in the...
  9. Microsoft Edge won't save passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge won't save passwords: Hi, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge. It won't save my passwords on sites, nor it will ask me to save passwords on sites. I have quite a few that were save previously with Windows 7, but obviously, not all of them have transferred to Windows 10. I have been to Settings,...
  10. Edge won't remember Gmail password

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't remember Gmail password: I can't get Edge browser to remember my Gmail password. Remember passwords is on and it remembered all of my other IDs and passwords......stumped.*Mad 20715