Windows 10: Windows 10 won’t search for updates

Discus and support Windows 10 won’t search for updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We run many servers for cameras on Dell Machines using Windows 10. We have enabled windows 10 to automatically update under services. The issue is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanKPOM, Aug 20, 2021.

1. DanKPOM Win User

Windows 10 won’t search for updates

We run many servers for cameras on Dell Machines using Windows 10. We have enabled windows 10 to automatically update under services. The issue is it will not even search for updates - for instance, we check in 2 months later and it says last checked (insert date 2 months ago). It is not searching for updates let alone downloading them. Any ideas what could block this?

:)

DanKPOM, Aug 20, 2021

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Indexing Options.
    • Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 20, 2021
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Windows 10 won’t search for updates - Similar Threads - won’t search updates

2. Windows 10 won’t update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won’t update.: I’m trying to update my windows but it doesn’t seam to work. Have tried the windows update trouble shooter but it doesn’t help me either. Anyone know how I can fix this please....
  3. Windows 10 won’t update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t update.: I’m trying to update my windows but it doesn’t seam to work. Have tried the windows update trouble shooter but it doesn’t help me either. Anyone know how I can fix this please....
  4. Windows 10 won’t update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 won’t boot after update

Windows 10 won’t boot after update: My computer tried to update a couple of days ago and now Windows 10 will not boot. I googled endlessly trying to find solutions to the issue but I can’t seem to solve it. I tried turning it on and off. I tried booting in safe mode with and without networking. I tried to...
  6. Windows 10 won’t install update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won’t install update.: Windows 10 will not update. I called tech support and they downloaded the installer from their website, that did not work. We have tried a majority of things. Every time it gives me the prompt “Windows 10 failed to install” or “install failed, undoing changes.” submitted by...
  7. Windows won’t update

Windows won’t update: I have a Hp Envy laptop that won’t do windows 10 update. I’ve updated the Intel display audio driver. My computer says updates are current, but windows isn’t the latest update....
  8. Won’t update

Won’t update: I did a factory reset on my computer and completely wiped everything. It asks me to put in my time zone language and all that then says that it needs to connect to wifi and update it. I put in all my wifi info anf click next like it says to which leads to a screen of the...
  9. Windows 10 won’t update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won’t update: My pc is very slow to startup, my video card says it has a driver error, my windows update database is corrupted, and no updates will install. I have tried several of the command prompts to wipe the cache, to no avail. I have tried to reset, both with and without personal...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer Search settings won’t save!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer Search settings won’t save!: Hello there, I recently have this problem that my Options for the windows search won’t save anymore. That means that I always have to manually set them each and every time. Most of the time I use the search for Folders with a large amount of images and sub folders. I...