Windows 10: Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Win10 desktop PC has begun restarting rather than shutting down lately upgraded from Win7 a month ago and I feel like I've tried all of the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Echo1984, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Echo1984 Win User

Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve.

My Win10 desktop PC has begun restarting rather than shutting down lately upgraded from Win7 a month ago and I feel like I've tried all of the usual methods to fix it, yet the issue persists. I've tried the solutions on the page below except for messing with the BIOS. Also, scanning my machine with Webroot and Malwarebytes has turned up nothing. As far as System Restore, I did have restore points from before this issue began, but I don't see them anymore is there a way to restore those restore points?.https://www.easeus.com/resource/computer-cannot-shutdown-how-to-fix-windows-10-automatica

:)

Echo1984, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Heneral Luna, Nov 24, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve. :confused:*Mad Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Nov 24, 2021
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve. - Similar Threads - won't shut down

2. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  3. Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down: Hi. My old laptop had some problem where it was permanently attempting to do Windows Updates every boot but failing, with code 0x80070643, so I decided to disable Windows Updates. Right after that, something very weird happened that I've never seen. I was shutting down my old...
  4. Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down: Hi. My old laptop had some problem where it was permanently attempting to do Windows Updates every boot but failing, with code 0x80070643, so I decided to disable Windows Updates. Right after that, something very weird happened that I've never seen. I was shutting down my old...
  5. Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve.: My Win10 desktop PC has begun restarting rather than shutting down lately upgraded from Win7 a month ago and I feel like I've tried all of the usual methods to fix it, yet the issue persists. I've tried the solutions on the page below except for messing with the BIOS. Also,...
  7. Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't shut down, restarts instead - cannot resolve.: My Win10 desktop PC has begun restarting rather than shutting down lately upgraded from Win7 a month ago and I feel like I've tried all of the usual methods to fix it, yet the issue persists. I've tried the solutions on the page below except for messing with the BIOS. Also,...
  8. Windows restarts instead of shutting down

Windows restarts instead of shutting down: Hi all, I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 laptop with Windows 10. In the beginning, when I wanted to shut down Windows, that worked as expected. But at a certain point in time maybe after a Windows update, Windows restarts every time when I select shutdown. The only...
  9. Windows 10 Restarts Instead Of Shut Down

Windows 10 Restarts Instead Of Shut Down: Hello everyone, As the title says, windows 10 restarts instead of shut down when i am pressing the "shut down" button. I had the same problem with windows 8.1, i searched all the internet to find a solution but i couldn't fix my problem. I read on internet some of...
  10. Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down: I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago for the most part it works fine, but one day it stopped being able to shut down properly. When I tell it to shut down it does actually shut down but only for a second before it starts restarting. This problem has been going on for 2-3...