Windows 10: Windows 10 wont shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 wont shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and now my pc wont shut down. I've tried the following : - disabled fast startup - tried shutdown /p - tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ortica123, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Ortica123 Win User

Windows 10 wont shut down

I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and now my pc wont shut down. I've tried the following :

- disabled fast startup

- tried shutdown /p

- tried shutdown /s /f /t 0

- tried sfc /scannow

None of the above has worked so far . Any ideas?? Thx

:)

Ortica123, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 19, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows 10 PC wont shut down

Too many columns to show all.. here you go - have a taste of it. You can export the list and compare files later..

Windows 10 wont shut down [​IMG]

AndreTen, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wont shut down - Similar Threads - wont shut down

2. pc wont shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc wont shut down: When i power off my pc the fans and lights on the fans stay on. Should I reinstall windows to see if this fixes my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-shut-down/d4b92a9c-c414-4d8c-b8c2-af6c9ec269af
  3. pc wont shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc wont shut down: When i power off my pc the fans and lights on the fans stay on. Should I reinstall windows to see if this fixes my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-shut-down/d4b92a9c-c414-4d8c-b8c2-af6c9ec269af
  4. pc wont shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop wont shut down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop wont shut down: This problem started occurring after I ran the Microsoft Defender Offline scan. Now my laptop won't shut down. Instead, it reboots and tells me that my PIN is not available. The only way to turn the laptop off is with a hard reset....
  6. Laptop locked, shut down and wont start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locked, shut down and wont start: Lenovo windows laptop with a 2tb SSDMy laptop suddenly had the locking screen, shut down and now wont start when I press the power button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-locked-shut-down-and-wont-start/c79141b0-7c45-4f3b-8e70-197008675526
  7. Outlook wont shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook wont shut down: The computer continues to state that Outlook is closing down but it won't finish. And as a result, Outlook will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-wont-shut-down/d7e68faa-1784-4ef2-9ece-669ff6f10b44
  8. PC wont completely shut down

PC wont completely shut down: Hi, For a while now, any time I press the power butting or click Shut Down on my PC, the screen will turn of but the fans and fan lights stay on. The only way to turn it of then is to power cycle it. However, if I put the computer to sleep or hibernate, the fans and lights...
  9. Windows 10 PC wont shut down

Windows 10 PC wont shut down: My Windows 10 PC has stopped shutting down. I have tried windows updates all up to date. SFC /SCANNOW running several virus checkers. What next? No system restore available before this started. 115100
  10. No sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and computer wont shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and computer wont shut down: I'm having a myriad of issues after upgrading to Windows 10. I'll list them below along with what i've already done to resolve: - Computer won't shut down. Someone told me to disable something with the Gigabyte process on the Motherboard, didn't work. I click on shut...