Windows 10: Windows 10 won't shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 won't shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Acer Swift SF314-57G laptop is running windows 10 Home 20H2. It regularly won't shut down via start -> Power -> Shutdown or go to sleep either via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MB_499, Jan 26, 2022.

1. MB_499 Win User

Windows 10 won't shut down

My Acer Swift SF314-57G laptop is running windows 10 Home 20H2. It regularly won't shut down via start -> Power -> Shutdown or go to sleep either via Start -> Power -> Sleep or by shutting the lid, which is set to put the computer to Hibernate in the power settings. Instead of shutting down/going to sleep, the screen goes black but the fan stays on. In this state, it's also not possible to reawaken the computer. It remains stuck in this half on/half off state unable to either sleep/shut down or start up again. This can last for hours until either a the battery runs out or b I

:)

MB_499, Jan 26, 2022
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't shut down - Similar Threads - won't shut down

2. Windows 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't shut down: My Acer Swift SF314-57G laptop is running windows 10 Home 20H2. It regularly won't shut down via start -> Power -> Shutdown or go to sleep either via Start -> Power -> Sleep or by shutting the lid, which is set to put the computer to Hibernate in the power settings. Instead...
  3. Windows 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't shut down: My Acer Swift SF314-57G laptop is running windows 10 Home 20H2. It regularly won't shut down via start -> Power -> Shutdown or go to sleep either via Start -> Power -> Sleep or by shutting the lid, which is set to put the computer to Hibernate in the power settings. Instead...
  4. windows 10 Pro won't shut down

windows 10 Pro won't shut down: Windows 10 won't shut down using shut down button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-wont-shut-down/9483a8c4-3774-40f4-a032-a052680674ca
  5. windows 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 won't shut down: Windows 10 won't shut down using shut down button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-shut-down/f0986520-911f-4dad-83cb-73f781806b04
  6. windows 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 won't shut down: Windows 10 won't shut down using shut down button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-shut-down/f0986520-911f-4dad-83cb-73f781806b04
  7. windows 10 won't shut down

8. Windows 10 won't shut down

Windows 10 won't shut down: Windows 10 won't shut down anymore. Instead of turning off, it just reboots. I have to turn off the power manually. Why does this keep happening with your software?...
  9. windows 10 won't shut down

windows 10 won't shut down: If I try to shut down my ASUS ROG windows 10 pro notebook from the power menu, it simply logs out instead of shutting down. Restart works. If there is any update that needs to be finished before shutting down, "apply update and shutdown" also works as normal. It's been...
  10. Windows 10 won't shut down.

Windows 10 won't shut down.: From some days I'm having issue with windows shutdown.After clicking on shutdown,blue screen appears with shutting down written on it and then screen becomes blank and windows desktop appears. What should I do?...