Windows 10: Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, several months ago I deleted my Microsoft account. Last week, I made a new Microsoft account, using the same email that I had on my first account... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Tamar Gegechkori, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account

Hi, several months ago I deleted my Microsoft account. Last week, I made a new Microsoft account, using the same email that I had on my first account that was deleted. I can go to my account online and log in with not problems, and I can also sign into it on apps on my google pixel.

However, when I try to log in on my laptop Windows 10 to use Microsoft Store or any app like that for example Your Phone app, at first it pops up and gives me an option to log in. But when I click my email, it says the account doesn't exist and to create a new one.

If I click to create a new one, it says that email is already taken by an account because it is.. and asks me if I want to log in with it.

When I click to log in, the window freezes or the same thing happens.

I was thinking the problem might be because I had the old microsoft account with the same email on this laptop, so when I deleted it that's what it can't log into. I didn't think ahead and signed up for a new account with the same email, so maybe that's why it's getting confused?... I'm not really sure.

Can someone please help me with how to fix it?

:)

Tamar Gegechkori, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2020
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account

1. Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account - Similar Threads - won't sign Microsoft

2. Microsoft account won't sign in on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account won't sign in on windows 11: I seen a similar post to an issue I had so I copied and pasted it below but with the different error I'm getting. Also I'm not sure if it's related or not but the microsoft store is extremely slow for me and doesn't allow me to download stuff. Yes my internet connection works...
  3. Microsoft account won't sign in on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account won't sign in on windows 11: I seen a similar post to an issue I had so I copied and pasted it below but with the different error I'm getting. Also I'm not sure if it's related or not but the microsoft store is extremely slow for me and doesn't allow me to download stuff. Yes my internet connection works...
  4. Windows won't let people sign in with a microsoft account on ANYTHING.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows won't let people sign in with a microsoft account on ANYTHING.: I've tried everything to make it sign in again. I have 2 drives on my computer, both with windows 10, and they both are experiencing this issue. Is it because my computer has old components? It was made in 08/2010. I always get error code 0x800706d9 when signing in. Windows...
  5. Microsoft account sign-in on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account sign-in on Windows 10: I have a new laptop and cannot sign-in to my Microsoft account. I know that I have the correct user name and password because I can sign into the account from my browser as well as on another laptop. The problem began when I created a local account and then, when I...
  6. Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10: I just noticed that I have 2 microsoft account and the one that I used to log in to my Asus Laptop is the microsoft account that I never used at all let's say it's A. Now I want to migrate all windows settings and data to other microsoft account B. Is it possible if I...
  7. Signing in with a Microsoft Account - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in with a Microsoft Account - Windows 10: When I try to switch from a local account to my Microsoft Account, I am unable to do so as it keeps stating the password is wrong. The password is correct as I can sign in to every other Microsoft password protected service. The Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service...
  8. Signing-in to Microsoft Account - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing-in to Microsoft Account - Windows 10: I just opened my outlook.com Inbox, clicked on a Community notification email and this appeared: [ATTACH] This is the first time that I've seen this - is it a new safety measure? I've not read about it....
  9. Windows 10 and Microsoft Account Sign-in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 and Microsoft Account Sign-in: Somehow along the way Microsoft made me create a new password for my Microsoft Outlook email account because they thought it was being accessed by a stranger! I think the stranger was me using my Amazon Fire Tablet while on vacation. Anyway, I now have one password to log...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts: I installed windows 10 from 7 and if i try to sign into cortana, onedrive or microsoft accounts it either say (something went wrong) or (there was a problem connecting to onedrive) Browsers work fine so i know i have an internet connection. I have reinstalled windows 10 once...