Windows 10: Windows 10 wont sleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 wont sleep. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey I'm cureently.on the latest update of windows 10 home. I been haveing issues with my computer waking up from sleep after only sleeping for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mike551345, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 wont sleep.

Hey I'm cureently.on the latest update of windows 10 home. I been haveing issues with my computer waking up from sleep after only sleeping for a few minutes (1-5). I tried rolling back the update but yet no success on getting this issue. Any ideas of how to maybe fix this. Also when I check the log to se show it woke up it says a button woke it up.

submitted by /u/mike551345
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mike551345, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
  4. mrw1986 Win User

Windows 10 wont sleep.

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

Yep, already did. I do this kind of work in my sleep. Not only are they disabled in the OS, they are disabled in the BIOS as well.

EDIT: I will add that sleep worked perfectly fine in Windows 8.1 before I upgraded to 10. That's why I'm 99.99% convinced it's related to my upgrade and think a clean install will fix it.

mrw1986, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 wont sleep.

1. Windows 10 wont sleep. - Similar Threads - wont sleep

2. External Monitor wont wake from sleep, laptop lid closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    External Monitor wont wake from sleep, laptop lid closed.: Hi All, I have a setup where I have my laptop on Windows 10 connected through USB C onto a DP port of an external monitor. I keep the lid of the laptop closed Action when Lid is closed is set to nothing already. So essentially the only screen I have is the external monitor....
  3. PC wont unlock - needs hard reboot after period of inactivity - no time set on sleep mode.

PC wont unlock - needs hard reboot after period of inactivity - no time set on sleep mode.: My PC keeps freezing out after leaving unattended ie wont wake up from a sleep mode -checked sleep settings -Always have to do a hard reboot. seems to also be an issue with Citrix connections ?...
  4. back again about sign in screen removal and now computer wont go into sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    back again about sign in screen removal and now computer wont go into sleep mode: Computer still wont boot the desktop without showing the sign in screen and now after update computer will not go into sleep mode. How can I fix these ??...
  5. W10 wont come out sleep after upgrade - yet again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 wont come out sleep after upgrade - yet again.: Another unwanted upgrade - another bug - Thanks MS. :-@ Had to disable sleep now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-wont-come-out-sleep-after-upgrade-yet-again/9cecbe53-3b60-4a73-b887-028323af1f2b
  6. Laptop wont connect to Wifi automatically or manually after sleep or restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop wont connect to Wifi automatically or manually after sleep or restart: My laptop wont connect either automatically or manually to Wifi after sleep/restart. The Wifi in home is very much on and working on all the other devices. OS: Windows 10 Pro This issue is super annoying. I am in need of help please. Thanks...
  7. pc wont sleep after the first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc wont sleep after the first time: WINDOWS 10 I've built this Pc back in June and back then it wouldn't go to sleep at all. i fixed that issue by disabling a bunch of stuff like keyboard mouse and network adapters. now i got a new problem on my hand. my pc goes to sleep just fine the first time but when i...
  8. pc wont sleep after the first time

pc wont sleep after the first time: I've built this Pc back in June and back then it wouldn't go to sleep at all. i fixed that issue by disabling a bunch of stuff like keyboard mouse and network adapters. now i got a new problem on my hand. my pc goes to sleep just fine the first time but when i wake it up i...
  9. my pc wont wake up from sleep mode

my pc wont wake up from sleep mode: ok so basically when i put my pc into sleep mode when i try to wake it up by clicking the mouse or using the key board the pc wakes up but nothing on the screen happens. when i look at my pc it looks like its turning on and off over and over again but nothing happens. i have...
  10. windows 10 pro build 10240 laptop wont go to sleep anymore...

windows 10 pro build 10240 laptop wont go to sleep anymore...: Hi all, after i press power button to go to sleep, it just wakes upon its own instantly and if i type command powercfg -requests in cmd then it gives following error : C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None....