Windows 10: Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update

Discus and support Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I made Windows updates on a PC that is not used much. After installing such updates, the PC requested a reboot to finish the installation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DorisHaywood, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update

Hi everyone! I made Windows updates on a PC that is not used much. After installing such updates, the PC requested a reboot to finish the installation. The shutdown worked fine, 100% completion of the update installation. Now when the PC restarts, my ASUS splash screen appears, the messages at the bottom diagnosing your PC by trying to repair, and then a blue main screen.

Running Win 10 Home 64 Bit.

:)

DorisHaywood, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 won´t install

Hi Simone,

Let's try these steps and check if it helps.

Restart the Windows Update services and check.

• Press Windows Key + R, type
      services.msc and then press Enter.

• If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click
      Continue.

• Locate Background Intelligent Transfer Service and check the
      Status.

• If the Status is
      Stopped, right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Services, and then click
      Start in the menu.

• Locate Windows Update and check the
      Status.

• If the Status is
      Stopped, right-click Windows Update, and then click
      Start in the menu.

• Close Services.

If the issue persists, rename software distribution and check.

a. Press Windows Key + R, type CMD and hit enter.

b. Type the following commands, and press Enter after each command:

• Net stop wuauserv
      • cd %systemroot%
      • Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      • Net start wuauserv

Try to install Windows 10 and check.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Windows updates won't install!

Thank you very much! This did the trick:

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    b. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    net stop wuauserv

2. Register the Wups2.dll file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll
    b. Click OK on each verification message that you receive.

3. Type the following command at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
    net start wuauserv
    4. Exit the command prompt. To do this type exit, and then press ENTER.

If possible I'd give you many more thanks not just one! I love you! *Big Grin Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update :D

Black Panther, Mar 28, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update

1. Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update - Similar Threads - won't start installing

2. Optinal Update Android - Net won't disappear after installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optinal Update Android - Net won't disappear after installing: A couple of days ago windows 10 update come with Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1 driver. I installed it but it keeps coming back every time I check for updates...
  3. Optinal Update Android - Net won't disappear after installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optinal Update Android - Net won't disappear after installing: A couple of days ago windows 10 update come with Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1 driver. I installed it but it keeps coming back every time I check for updates...
  4. Optinal Update Android - Net won't disappear after installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. computer won't start up after .NET uninstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer won't start up after .NET uninstall.: My computer wouldn't update and would give me error code "0x800f0922" and " 0x8007045b". More specifically it would download, install, I would click restart, it would get high sometimes, up to 80% and say "couldn't update, undoing changes" So I figured it's .NET Framework...
  6. computer won't start up after .NET uninstall.

computer won't start up after .NET uninstall.: My computer wouldn't update and would give me error code "0x800f0922" and " 0x8007045b". More specifically it would download, install, I would click restart, it would get high sometimes, up to 80% and say "couldn't update, undoing changes" So I figured it's .NET Framework...
  7. computer won't start up after .NET uninstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows won't start after an update

Windows won't start after an update: Hello,After the latest update, my computer became unusable.This screen image below suddenly appears, sorry for the French language that I cannot change, but basically I can choose between:"Reboot tool" --> fails to solve anything "Terminal" --> does not help much"Uninstall...
  9. Windows won't start after installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't start after installation: I upgraded my pc with a new CPU+RAM+MOBO combo. I decided to wipe the computer's storage after installing the parts. I booted up the pc from my Media Creation Tool USB, where I formatted both my drives. I then shut it down, unplugged my HDD, then in the installation tool I...
  10. Windows 10 will not boot after installing .NET update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not boot after installing .NET update: Hi all! I'll get straight to it. I performed windows updates on my wife's PC, which does not get used very much at all. After installing said updates, the PC prompted for a restart to finish installation needed to install a .NET framework. Shut down went well, 100%...