Windows 10: Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After having problems with my video display driver I uninstall it. But I couldn't install a new driver in its place because they weren't compatible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Forget_Me_Never, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen

After having problems with my video display driver I uninstall it. But I couldn't install a new driver in its place because they weren't compatible. Being the "smart" person I am, I restart my computer. Now I can only access advanced options and my screen is black each time to try to boot the windows systems in safe mode or without. How can I reinstall a driver or get it to display on the screen?

:)

Forget_Me_Never, Sep 30, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen

1. Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen - Similar Threads - wont start black

2. Black Screen at Start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen at Start-up: On my Windows 7 box, I get to the initial Ctrl + Alt + Del to login and then the screen goes black. My cursor works, and additonal Ctrl + Alt + Del flashes the normal screen for a fraction of a second, but no user name visible or Password box. Windows Logo, + Ctrl + Shift + B...
  3. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  4. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  5. My windows wont start and it is with a black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows wont start and it is with a black screen.: Hi, recently i received a laptop from my older brother and the first thing i did was to format him, but after the formattion finished, the screen got black and didnt demonstrate any signals not even the startup windows symbol. What should i do? obs: windows 10...
  6. Black screen with on start up only after MS update

Black screen with on start up only after MS update: My desktop updated last night and now all i get is the black screen with the cursor. Ive tried all the troubleshooting tips listed already. Nothing works....
  7. Windows starts up to a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows starts up to a black screen: Ever since I ran a recent windows update, my PC has just been starting up onto a black screen. It boots up, shows the ASUS screen like normal, then the windows logo but when that disapeers, there is just a black screen. I have tried a using restore point and that didn’t...
  8. Black Screen on Start Up

Black Screen on Start Up: As I was booting my laptop up from a Windows update, I encountered a black screen with a cursor. From researching this, I gather this is a pretty common issue with the standard fix being using the task manager to restart the pc. The only issue I’ve been having with that is...
  9. black screen on start up

black screen on start up: This morning when I booted up my Windows 10 PC I got a black screen. There is a cursor on the screen and when I move the mouse the cursor moves. I can access bios and in bios it is evident the keyboard is connected. However, I cannot access any windows function. I...
  10. Won't start up only showing black screen

Won't start up only showing black screen: My laptop has decided as of this morning to not start up every time and when it does it takes over 10 minutes the majority of this time it spends with a black screen whilst the power light is on and indicating a full charge. I have already disabled some start up programs...