Windows 10: Windows 10 wont start

Discus and support Windows 10 wont start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 won't start keeps trying to repair. None of the options in the repair menu worked.Please help. Real help is needed here. Not googled links.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HSRB93, Sep 6, 2018.

1. HSRB93 Win User

Windows 10 wont start

Windows 10 won't start keeps trying to repair. None of the options in the repair menu worked.Please help. Real help is needed here. Not googled links. I've already done that

:)

HSRB93, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 6, 2018
  4. JustRay Win User

Windows 10 wont start

Can't seem to start Windows 10 calendar. (Home edition version 1607)

Okay then.
    Things seem to be working now.
    Regardless of if my account is an Administrator or standard user.
    An regardless of if the accounts are local or Microsoft. (I tested everything)

How ?
    I pasted the following in my browser: windowsreport.com/windows-10-app-wont-open/
    And then followed the instructions.
    It was step 8, that seems to have fixed it for me.
    It wasn't working after step 7 (I know. Cuz I tested it.)
    It was step 8.
    And for all I know, I could have skipped directly to step 8 and the Calendar would have started working.
    Oh well.

I believe I found the above (windowsreport.com/windows-10-app-wont-open/), somewhere on "this" site.

Prior to the above, I did almost everything that people and articles suggested.
    Including the MS trouble shooter for windows apps tool, and the power shell commands for uninstalling and then reinstalling the apps.
    Nothing worked for me until I followed the above.

Thanks for the kindness and all the suggestions.

So, the bottom line is ...........
    Things are working now.

JustRay, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 wont start

1. Windows 10 wont start - Similar Threads - wont start

2. Windows Defender Antivirus wont start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus wont start: Hello, I have a 4 day old new HP computer and I want to run Windows Defender. I had a free trial version of McAfee. I uninstalled McAfee using their uninstaller. Windows Defender antivirus wont start. I get a message: "unexpected error. sorry, we ran into a problem please try...
  3. start menu on windows 10 wont start

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu on windows 10 wont start: start menu is not functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-on-windows-10-wont-start/608b0ad1-f64f-408a-8b04-492465794afa
  4. Computer wont start up past Toshiba logo.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont start up past Toshiba logo.: Hello, My laptop is the Toshiba Satellite L75-C7250 Over a month ago my laptop was working just fine except everytime i would go to turn it on it would take longer and linger to boot up every time. Eventually one day i went to turn it on and it wouldnt boot up past the...
  5. Photo App wont start on Win 10

Photo App wont start on Win 10: October 24, 2018 Greetings from East Haven Connecticut. A couple of weeks ago, for some unexplained reason, none of the pictures on my Picture file won't open. Instead, I would get an error message saying the photo app won't start. For several days I tried various...
  6. Some of my games wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my games wont start: More exactly ye olde BF3 and the new assassins creed When i click the exe the games appear in the task manager for a little while... under background processes... then just disappear. I know this could be 50 different things but i really dont know what to do. The games dont...
  7. PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify!: after 3 days of trying to sort my pc after win10 updates, thought i would waste my time seeing if microsoft was interested? my machine a lenovo h520 ,config 57317718, machine type 10094, cpu 62830 h520, hdd 1t, ram 4g was win 8 updated to 10 when forced to . . . . and...
  8. Go camo laptop wont update and start up

Go camo laptop wont update and start up: My hp camo laptop started to update and when i came back to see if it was done i seen the message that stated it restarted unexpectedly and the only way to update windows was to restart it so I did but when i did that the laptop just kept resetting itself and wouldn't update...
  9. Windows 10 wont start up

Windows 10 wont start up: My Windows 10 is having trouble starting up, it was working fine before it suddenly stopped working. I just got to a screen that informed me that Windows could not automatically repair itself. It have not started up since. I tried to do a system restore at a few of the points...
  10. Windows 10 wont start

Windows 10 wont start: Windows 10 won't start keeps trying to repair. None of the options in the repair menu worked.Please help. Andre if you are there I would appreciate your help...