Windows 10: Windows 10 wont start

Discus and support Windows 10 wont start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 won't start keeps trying to repair. None of the options in the repair menu worked.Please help. Real help is needed here. Not googled links.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HSRB93, Sep 6, 2018.

1. HSRB93 Win User

Windows 10 wont start

Windows 10 won't start keeps trying to repair. None of the options in the repair menu worked.Please help. Real help is needed here. Not googled links. I've already done that

:)

HSRB93, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 6, 2018
  4. JustRay Win User

Windows 10 wont start

Can't seem to start Windows 10 calendar. (Home edition version 1607)

Okay then.
    Things seem to be working now.
    Regardless of if my account is an Administrator or standard user.
    An regardless of if the accounts are local or Microsoft. (I tested everything)

How ?
    I pasted the following in my browser: windowsreport.com/windows-10-app-wont-open/
    And then followed the instructions.
    It was step 8, that seems to have fixed it for me.
    It wasn't working after step 7 (I know. Cuz I tested it.)
    It was step 8.
    And for all I know, I could have skipped directly to step 8 and the Calendar would have started working.
    Oh well.

I believe I found the above (windowsreport.com/windows-10-app-wont-open/), somewhere on "this" site.

Prior to the above, I did almost everything that people and articles suggested.
    Including the MS trouble shooter for windows apps tool, and the power shell commands for uninstalling and then reinstalling the apps.
    Nothing worked for me until I followed the above.

Thanks for the kindness and all the suggestions.

So, the bottom line is ...........
    Things are working now.

JustRay, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 wont start

1. Windows 10 wont start - Similar Threads - wont start

2. Windows Firewall wont start from services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall wont start from services: Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message 'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start' This problem started with no...
  3. after logging on start menu wont come up

in Windows 10 Customization
    after logging on start menu wont come up: start menu wont come up tried everything possible but no luck can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-logging-on-start-menu-wont-come-up/62cc0f23-f7dc-463e-88bb-06603d351178
  4. RRAS wont start: cant find specified file

in Windows 10 Support
    RRAS wont start: cant find specified file: Trying to setup remote access on Windows Server 2019 but RRAS wont start, i tried manually starting it but it turns back off after a few seconds. Event Viewer gives me this: [img] There is a similar post here but this issue has already been patched and is included on my...
  5. Start button wont open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start button wont open: Cant open start icon cant open explorer cant open PFD files I have 22 new updates cant access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-wont-open/2d1e7a2c-b002-4f6d-afda-27f3a2c3bd7e
  6. my laptop wont start after the setup after downloading windows 10

my laptop wont start after the setup after downloading windows 10: my laptop used to be in Chinese so I redownloaded windows 10 to change the language. everything was going smoothly but then when it asked me for setup details it would just keep going back to that page. I think it might be because I didn't put in a product key but now I can't...
  7. Pc wont finish starting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc wont finish starting up: I have turned on my pc and it gets to the windows screen like it would just before it starts and nothing happens no loading symbol. It stays like this I tried to get into automatic repair by restarting it 2-3 times it gets to the logo screen and says prepairing automatic...
  8. My Windows 10 PC wont start up properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 PC wont start up properly.: I start my pc, it goes to the windows screen, I put in my password ,then it starts booting up, but its having trouble getting all of the systems icons up and running why is this....
  9. Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi

Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi: Windows wont start i tried everything please help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-start-error-185-in-system32winload/d99e08e6-1320-48bd-abfd-803a8e97f80d
  10. why wont application start when i plug in USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why wont application start when i plug in USB device: It used to be the case that when i plugged in my USB device, the associated application would automatically run. This stopped 2-3 weeks ago. why?...