Windows 10: Windows 10 won't stop syncing

Discus and support Windows 10 won't stop syncing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am setting up a new laptop. I have tried everything I understand to turn off windows syncing. Older laptop, we will call "A" and new one will call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zelenias, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Zelenias Win User

Windows 10 won't stop syncing

I am setting up a new laptop. I have tried everything I understand to turn off windows syncing. Older laptop, we will call "A" and new one will call "B."

Laptop A being the main unit has all the programs. Laptop B I don't want the same programs. However, Laptop B has icons with no destination or programs and every time I remove them, this causes Laptop A's programs to end up in the recycling bin.

Blue tooth is off.
    Sync is off.

On laptop B I created a new account for it, and it is still doing it.

Right about now, I absolutely hate windows. :

:)

Zelenias, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Stop Windows 10 syncing keyboard settings

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.
    • Turn off language preference and ease of access.
    Refer to the Microsoft help article below and check if it helps.

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won't stop syncing

Windows 10 - Time won't sync

Hi,

I have issues with time sync on my Windows 10 machine.

I'm getting timeout error in internet time settings when I try to sync my time manually, and my clock is getting two minutes ahead.

I tried every single time server in the world, but it won't sync my time at all.

I also performed these steps:

1. Tried to stop and start Windows Time service in services.msc

2. Tried to use different time servers.

3. Tried to re register Windows Time service using command prompt, and these commands:

w32tm /debug /disable
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start w32time

4. Tried to turn off my firewall and all other security software

5. Tried to re register DLL file with this command using command prompt: regsvr32 w32time.dll

6. Tried to change my region

And the most strange thing is that this issue is affecting all the machines in my town. I tried to contact several friends and neighbors, and all of them have this same issue with their Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 machines.

I'm also getting this error in Event Viewer:

Windows 10 won't stop syncing [​IMG]

almirsahbaz, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't stop syncing

1. Windows 10 won't stop syncing - Similar Threads - won't stop syncing

2. Windows 10 stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped syncing: I bought a new SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10. I still have my old SSD with my old Windows 10 installed. I had sync on to my account on both installations. But somehow the new Windows 10 doesn't sync the theme and backgrounds from my old Windows 10 installation....
  3. Windows 10 stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stopped syncing: I bought a new SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10. I still have my old SSD with my old Windows 10 installed. I had sync on to my account on both installations. But somehow the new Windows 10 doesn't sync the theme and backgrounds from my old Windows 10 installation....
  4. Windows 10 stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sticky Notes Won't Sync in Windows 10

Sticky Notes Won't Sync in Windows 10: On my newest system I started having a problem with Sticky Notes on Windows 10. It is now unable to sync to my notes on other systems, which caused a bit of frustration today when my system drive failed and I could no longer get to my notes.Having done a clean Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Ark won't sync data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Ark won't sync data: I have been having trouble playing Ark windows version, whenever I try to play the screen is stuck on syncing ark data and won't load even if I leave it sitting there for hours. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, resetting, changing account, signing in and out of...
  7. Windows 10 Mail won't sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail won't sync: Whenever I try to sync Windows 10 Mail program, it seems to start okay but never ends. I have to close the Mail program and re-open it just to get syncing to stop. Can I solve the problem without reinstalling Mail?...
  8. Windows 10 - Time won't sync

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Time won't sync: Hi, I have issues with time sync on my Windows 10 machine. I'm getting timeout error in internet time settings when I try to sync my time manually, and my clock is getting two minutes ahead. I tried every single time server in the world, but it won't sync my time at all....
  9. Stopping Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping Sync: I have a Desktop, as well as a Microsoft Surface GO. My desktop has significantly more space on it than my surface Go. Unfortunately due to the auto-sync I am QUICKLY running out of room on my Surface Go. I would like to know how to turn off this Auto-Sync and reclaim the...
  10. Contacts won't sync on Windows 10 Mobile

Contacts won't sync on Windows 10 Mobile: Hi, my contacts disappeared from People app after playing around with mail account. Now my contacts are gone and when I try to sync them an error code appears. When I try to login to people.live.com a message shows "Something went wrong". How to get back my contacts?...