Windows 10: Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space"

Discus and support Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I make windows 10 stop compressing all my files on my c drive to "save space" I really don't care that i have 7 gb of space left since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 34486, Dec 15, 2018.

1. 34486 Win User

Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space"

How can I make windows 10 stop compressing all my files on my c drive to "save space" I really don't care that i have 7 gb of space left since everything else is on other drives. Operating system needs to suck it up and get over it.

I have had to compress my user folder and some other folders in C:\ to uncompress ALL of them, only to have them be compressed again. Why can't it just stop?

Also, Why is there no way to disable automatic updates? I don't even want it to CHECK for updates since that uses a lot of internet for some reason. When I want to check for updates, that means I want to check for updates. Not the os. It also wont download the latest build with the new dark theme. Says I am "all up to date" now.

:)

34486, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Dec 15, 2018
  3. blksith0 Win User
    Properties: Compress to save Disk Space

If I enable Compress to Save Disk Space from a file's properties, what is the trade-off? How significant is the HDD/CPU uncompression process (assuming that's how windows does it)

blksith0, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space"

Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space"

1. Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space" - Similar Threads - wont stop trying

2. Disk compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk compression: I'm using Windows 10 with a remote USB Seagate SSD drive that is password protected. My disk filled up. I used the compression feature in Windows to make space. My PC is a laptop. My disk is 1 TB. Evidently the compression feature automatically, file by file compresses them...
  3. Disk compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk compression: I'm using Windows 10 with a remote USB Seagate SSD drive that is password protected. My disk filled up. I used the compression feature in Windows to make space. My PC is a laptop. My disk is 1 TB. Evidently the compression feature automatically, file by file compresses them...
  4. Disk compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I compress files to save space extensively?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I compress files to save space extensively?: Files are game files and softwares in zip, exe, MSI, etc formats. You can recommend both windows or Linux method. I will compress them one game/software at a time or in grp. submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav [link] [comments]...
  6. Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" affect in-game frame rate?

Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" affect in-game frame rate?: Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" (RightClick on a drive -> Properties) affect in-game frame rate? submitted by /u/iTz0nlyDoge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jr0e8j/do_compress_this_drive_to_save_disk_space_affect/
  7. Stop compressing files automatically

Stop compressing files automatically: My PC got pretty low on storage a few months ago and started compressing files by itself. I have now got around 200gb free and would like it to stop. Has anyone got any potential solutions to stop this, please? I have already looked at the properties of the C drive and the...
  8. compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.

in Windows 10 Support
    compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.: Hey! After a recent Windows 10 update to my PC, close to everything on my computer have two blue arrows icons on it, which is "compress content to save disk space" as far as I found out. I didn't even know this was a thing, but now it has been set as default on my computer! I...
  9. Properties: Compress to save Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties: Compress to save Disk Space: If I enable Compress to Save Disk Space from a file's properties, what is the trade-off? How significant is the HDD/CPU uncompression process (assuming that's how windows does it) 85759
  10. Clean File Repository - Save Valuable Disk Space With This Trick

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clean File Repository - Save Valuable Disk Space With This Trick: *This trick/tutorial is only viable for those who had their system setups for a while and had been constantly updating their drivers to the latest. So while I was lately focused on fixing a crash caused by windows update service attempting to force update my graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop compressing files

2. stop windows from compressing files

3. stop windows 10 from compressing files

4. stop compressing files,
  5. windows 10 automatically compressing files,
  6. stop compressing new files,
  7. how to stop windows 10 from compressing files,
  8. compress drive to save space windows 10,
  9. windows 10 stop compressing files,
  10. compress my files to save space,
  11. stop compressing files windows 10,