Windows 10: Windows 10 wont sync with new MS password!

Discus and support Windows 10 wont sync with new MS password! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I changed my Microsoft password today, no problem there, except my Windows 10 login won't sync the new password with the login screen on my laptop,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by seanmcd82, Sep 21, 2018.

1. seanmcd82 Win User

Windows 10 wont sync with new MS password!

So I changed my Microsoft password today, no problem there, except my Windows 10 login won't sync the new password with the login screen on my laptop, it still accepts my old password and I can not change it anywhere.

Before you tell me my laptop needs to be connected to the internet, Yes it is.

Before you tell me it takes a while, it has been 2 days, still no change. And why would it need to take a few days anyway? Ridiculous.

Before you tell me to make sure I check the Sync my settings, yes it is checked to sync.

Before you tell me my lapop needs to be trusted, yes it is.

So why the heck can't I change the password on my laptop? Are you kidding me Microsoft? This is 2018, can you spell "account security"?

Awful.

Any ideas?

:)

seanmcd82, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wont sync with new MS password! - Similar Threads - wont sync password

2. Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.: Not a question, but a new possible cause/solution discovered. Most other threads on this were locked now, so starting this one in case it helps someone else.So, I spent the better part of a day working on this issue and Googled the HECK out of this and always found the same...
  3. Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.: Not a question, but a new possible cause/solution discovered. Most other threads on this were locked now, so starting this one in case it helps someone else.So, I spent the better part of a day working on this issue and Googled the HECK out of this and always found the same...
  4. Windows 10/11 PC not syncing new MS Account password after changing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 won't sync with new Microsoft Password

Windows 10 won't sync with new Microsoft Password: Windows 10 PCI recently logged out of my Microsoft Account and into my Local account to delete some old files with permission issues, and when I try to log back into my Microsoft Account, I get an error telling me my Windows Password is wrong. I'm 99% sure its correct, but...
  6. Windows 10 won't sync with new Microsoft Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 won't sync with new Microsoft Password: Windows 10 PCI recently logged out of my Microsoft Account and into my Local account to delete some old files with permission issues, and when I try to log back into my Microsoft Account, I get an error telling me my Windows Password is wrong. I'm 99% sure its correct, but...
  7. Windows 10 won't sync with new Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. MS Edge - Passwords sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge - Passwords sync: Hi, I am using MS edge across three devices. My Windows 11 desk top, mac and I phone.I assumed all three devices were linked to my ID the passwords will be shared and does not need to be re-entered on each device.Is there a way of sinking them all?Please advise and many...
  9. MS Edge - Passwords sync

MS Edge - Passwords sync: Hi, I am using MS edge across three devices. My Windows 11 desk top, mac and I phone.I assumed all three devices were linked to my ID the passwords will be shared and does not need to be re-entered on each device.Is there a way of sinking them all?Please advise and many...
  10. Passwords won't sync on new laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Passwords won't sync on new laptop Windows 10: Hi, my passwords won't sync on my new laptop on Windows 10. I have updated windows 10 on both machines and switched sync on. Other syncs seem to work such as debit card details but passwords don't. I have made the new one a trusted device on my microsoft account but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer not syncing with new ms pw

2. windows wont accept my password on new laptop sync

3. windows 10 wont sync password