Windows 10: Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

Discus and support Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while and decided to ask the forums for help. My Windows 10 64 bit ran into quite a bit of update errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeniRock, Nov 16, 2019.

1. GeniRock Win User

Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while and decided to ask the forums for help. My Windows 10 64 bit ran into quite a bit of update errors months ago, which I thought I resolved when clearing space in the C: drive. Now it won't search for updates, notify me about updates, or install updates. I didn't have these issues before when I did the free upgrade from Windows 7. I want to do a fresh reboot of my Windows 10, however the instructions point me to use the Settings app. The biggest problem here is I can't open the Settings app.

I've tried opening the Settings app in several ways. It just flickers on for half a second and disappears. I've looked up several solutions to try to use Settings.

When I run sfc /scannow on my Command Prompt under Administrator, it will stop scanning at 40% every time with the same error message:

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation.

When I run the Get-AppXPackage | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode - Register "$($_.InstallLocation) \AppXManifest.xml"} in the Windows Powershell under Administration, it will cancel and give the same error message where it mentions that the Cortana app is active and it cannot complete the action. I would restart the machine to prevent this error message and it keeps appearing. If I want to switch off Cortana, I have to go to the Setting app and... I can't.

Also, dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth, and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth do not finish either.

I'm tired of trying solutions through command prompts, so can I uninstall and reinstall Windows 10 with the same product key? All the files in the drive will be lost and that is understandable, I'll be transferring those files to a separate hard drive. If there is a solution to these errors that I can try before doing a reinstall, I would be happy to try them out.

:)

GeniRock, Nov 16, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

4. Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

1. Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open - Similar Threads - won't update Settings

2. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  3. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  4. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  6. Settings App Won't Open

Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  7. Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

Settings app won't open on Windows 11?: Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?...
  8. Parts of the Settings app won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Parts of the Settings app won't open.: Parts of the Settings app won't open. The app begins to open, showing the grey screen with the cog icon, but then it crashes. Display Settings and System Settings are the ones that crash for me. Search and you'll see that the crashing settings issue has been around for 5...
  9. Settings app won't open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app won't open.: I tried to access windows settings yesterday on my laptop running 2004 update. And nothing happens. No indication that something is running in background or anything. Click the icon and nothing. Googled, could not find a single working solution. Apart from repair using...
  10. Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...