Windows 10: Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix

Discus and support Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, My W10 installation has been struggling to install W10 Update version 1903. Failed to install 0xc1900101 Based on some similar threads I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ali+Abbas, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Ali+Abbas Win User

Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix

Hey all,

My W10 installation has been struggling to install W10 Update version 1903. Failed to install 0xc1900101

Based on some similar threads I've followed on this problem, some recommended doing the W10 standalone install to reinstall windows while maintaining my apps & files. Great - I opted for the ISO to run the installer, cleared up room, and went for it. The install ran for about 15 minutes but then booted back with the below error

We couldn't install Windows 10.

We've set your PC back the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.

0xC1900101 - 0x2000C. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation.

Further following some threads - I opened up command prompt in admin mode and ran sfc /scannow - which identified corrupt files that it was unable to fix, and has pointed me to this CBS.log.

Here is a link to the log

Any assistance appreciated

:)

Ali+Abbas, Oct 18, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, Oct 18, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix - Similar Threads - won't update can't

2. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  3. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  4. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them: Here's my CBS log, unfortunately i cannot paste the contents of it because it's unreadable, due to this forum's line character limit. Here's the link to my OneDrive folder containing CBS.log: Also it says here to use the /OFFLOGFILE flag but what excactly should I do ? Thank...
  6. SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them: Here's my CBS log, unfortunately i cannot paste the contents of it because it's unreadable, due to this forum's line character limit. Here's the link to my OneDrive folder containing CBS.log: Also it says here to use the /OFFLOGFILE flag but what excactly should I do ? Thank...
  7. Corrupt files found in SFC but unable to fix, windows update error 0x80070002 and can't...

Corrupt files found in SFC but unable to fix, windows update error 0x80070002 and can't...: Hi, I need help. A few days ago, I encountered a Trojan virus. I immediately quarantined and got rid of it, but I think it's done some damage to my computer because after that, multiple problems sprang up. At first, I found that I couldn't launch a game called Apex Legends...
  8. Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow: I recently ran sfc/scannow and got a report of corrupt files. I have to admit I don't really know what I'm looking for but I did try looking at the CBS logo and doing searches for the words "corrupt" and "cannot repair" - nothing found. I then ran the following - Dism /Online...
  9. SFC cannot fix corrupted files

SFC cannot fix corrupted files: Hello, I run sfc on a regular bases and now, for the first time, get the answer that some corrupted file could not be fixed. I tried chkdsk AND Dism-scan, but no change. Then I ran sfc in save mode but no change. What to do? Thanks Win10 Pro, 64 bit, all uptodate,...
  10. SFC can't fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC can't fix corrupted files: I just got this problem where windows search does not function (I do not have cortana, using dutch windows). So i thaught i could fix it with SFC /scannow. But with this scan came the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof...