Windows 10: Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue

Discus and support Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, So I recently started up my laptop after it being dormant for over a year and I needed to update windows, although it's telling me there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanikaTurcic, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue

Hi,

So I recently started up my laptop after it being dormant for over a year and I needed to update windows, although it's telling me there is no internet (I'm writing this question on said laptop). I have an ethernet cable plugged in as it works better than my university wifi. The internet symbol is greyed out with the white asterisk and when I'm using either wifi or ethernet it tells me 'not connected - connections are available' and when connected to wifi it tells me no internet. I have tried resetting my network and it hasn't done anything.

When updating windows, it gives the prompt 'We couldn't check for updates, because you aren't connected to the Internet. Make sure you have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection and try again'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Danika

:)

DanikaTurcic, Apr 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 28, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue :)

Techtu, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue

1. Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue - Similar Threads - won't update due

2. Internet slow speed due to Windows or Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slow speed due to Windows or Windows Update: Hello,I have 1 gig fiber in my home and recently that speed has been reduced to 150 mbps. We had the ISP techs out here for a few hours, swapped out to newest modems and routers. Determined the slow speed is happening due to my computer. It's not isolated to one machine...
  3. Internet slow speed due to Windows or Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slow speed due to Windows or Windows Update: Hello,I have 1 gig fiber in my home and recently that speed has been reduced to 150 mbps. We had the ISP techs out here for a few hours, swapped out to newest modems and routers. Determined the slow speed is happening due to my computer. It's not isolated to one machine...
  4. Internet slow speed due to Windows or Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 update issue due to error 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update issue due to error 0x800f0831: Dear Team,Can you help to to solve the issue i encounter for a 3 days already. whenver i boot my laptop it download and try to install the package and failed which make the laptop unusable up to 20minutes.CBS log can be view HereBelow is the screenshot of my winver...
  6. Windows 10 update issue due to error 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update issue due to error 0x800f0831: Dear Team,Can you help to to solve the issue i encounter for a 3 days already. whenver i boot my laptop it download and try to install the package and failed which make the laptop unusable up to 20minutes.CBS log can be view HereBelow is the screenshot of my winver...
  7. Windows 10 update issue due to error 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC Issues Due to Windows 10 Update Possibly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Issues Due to Windows 10 Update Possibly?: Hello, I've been having multiple issues with my desktop all week and after scratching my head for a few days, would like to get someone's advice on the problems. Here is what I'm currently experiencing: I cannot open applications without them closing up again within...
  9. Windows 10 Won't Update Due to Lack of Storage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't Update Due to Lack of Storage: Trying to update Windows 10 security updates but continue to receive message that to delete temporary files to free up 8 gb of data by following the link provided. My device came with 28.5 gb of storage. of which 21.4 gb reserved for system and reserved and 7.1 gb .that...
  10. No Internet due to Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet due to Windows 10 upgrade: I just did the Windows 10 free upgrade a few days ago. The computer worked great that night and connected with internet, but the next day I could not connect to the internet. The router is connected and open but no internet connection. I am newbie here and could not figure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 loses internet connectivity but still connected to network

2. windows 10 wont update internet connection