Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Update on Bootup Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Update on Bootup Drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After extensive research, I can't seem to get Windows 10 to update on my primary M.2 drive. I only have a 250 GB SSD for Windows 10 to operate on, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/realmp06, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Won't Update on Bootup Drive

After extensive research, I can't seem to get Windows 10 to update on my primary M.2 drive. I only have a 250 GB SSD for Windows 10 to operate on, and my secondary, 1 TB SSD to install and run programs on. When I built my computer, I had to go into the registry and adjust the key value so all programs, pictures, videos, etc.. would install and save on my 1TB SSD. However, in order to do that, I had to duplicate my program files so that would work. Now Windows Update won't even bother installing on my primary C Drive. I've attached some images, but I don't think they will be very useful. Do I need to adjust the registry key back to the default? How do I get Windows to only install updates on C drive while all my other programs run off the D drive? Should I have set this both up to a Raid 1? Any suggestions and possible solutions will be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/realmp06
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/realmp06, Feb 17, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Clintlgm Win User
    Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive

What are you talking about, I have Samsung 830 for 5 years and its still running great there is no issue with NTFS and SSD

To the OP all you have to do is use Macrium Reflect to clone your disk to your SSD you'll have to option to shrink your C partition before you start the actual clone check out this video
    it walks you through step by step

Clintlgm, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Won't Update on Bootup Drive

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Update on Bootup Drive

1. Windows 10 Won't Update on Bootup Drive - Similar Threads - Won't Update Bootup

2. Windows 10 and 11 bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 11 bootup: On system startup, all versions of Windows prepare a PC for operation before the Graphic User Interface a.k.a. "Desktop" loads. Is there a significant difference between the Windows 10 and Windows 11 pre-GUI boot files? I am running both Windows 10 and Windows 11 in a...
  3. Windows 10 bootup problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bootup problem: Windows 10 corrupts my internet gateway when booting up. No problem if I disconnect ethernet cable to gateway first. Also no problem if I boot up windows 7. I didn't have this problem until lately. has Windows changed something to cause this?...
  4. Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup: Looking for a solution which isnt "start again". Been trying to get cumultive update to install on my laptop, its extra frustrating as this isnt top end hardware so its long waiting periods. It takes about 20 minutes for the update to reach 100% and I can do the reboot. As...
  5. Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup: Looking for a solution which isnt "start again". Been trying to get cumultive update to install on my laptop, its extra frustrating as this isnt top end hardware so its long waiting periods. It takes about 20 minutes for the update to reach 100% and I can do the reboot. As...
  6. Laptop Won't Bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Won't Bootup: My Dell laptop was recently having performance issues so I had to force shut down. When I tried restarting, I get stuck on a frozen screen once the Dell welcome screen comes on. I tried initiating safe mode from cold boot by restarting my computer 3 times in a row but the...
  7. numlock won't stay on at bootup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    numlock won't stay on at bootup.: how can I make windows 10 boot up with numlock on once and for all? Nothing I have found online works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-wont-stay-on-at-bootup/d749b55e-6219-431f-9ee2-ba0d38d6fa7e
  8. Windows 10 not mounting external hard drive on bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not mounting external hard drive on bootup: Hello. Basically I've got the problem it says in the title. Every single time I boot up Windows on my laptop, this second partition on my SSD will not be assigned a drive letter. I have to go into disk management and assign it every time. I've already scanned the drive for...
  9. windows 10 unable to bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 unable to bootup: My toshiba laptop runs into a problem when i installed virtualbox and run the windows server 2016, the screen goes blue and cannot bootup normally, when i power it on, it says "Your pc runs into a problem....etc" , then continued to automatic repair and diagnostics but all of...
  10. windows 10 bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 bootup: Help -- last night my system did an update and after the update i type in my password in the user -- and it does not recognized the user. that is the only user account i have, I do have another back up hard drive ( image from 0ne yer ago) that I can boot up with and log in....