Windows 10: Windows 10 wont update?

Discus and support Windows 10 wont update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, So I haven't been on my leonovo Microsoft programmed laptop for about 2 months. Now I have come back to it, it will only let me access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoseM2486, Sep 8, 2018.

1. RoseM2486 Win User

Windows 10 wont update?

Hi Guys, So I haven't been on my leonovo Microsoft programmed laptop for about 2 months. Now I have come back to it, it will only let me access the internet, word and powerpoint. I cant access my apps or photos which is very annoying! When I click on the windows button in the bottom left corner it says 'update pending, waiting to install' so when I click on , it takes me to the windows 10 update page. When I try to run the update it says its unavailable and it can't update? Help please. if you have no clue about what I'm going on about, I can send some screenshots. thanks.

:)

RoseM2486, Sep 8, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 wont update

Have you tried the second step?

(Searching for the error message e.g.

windows update database corrupt

is also a useful approach- e.g. finds
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - where the next step is the one I suggested above).

dalchina, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 wont update?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 wont update?

1. Windows 10 wont update? - Similar Threads - wont update

2. WONT UPDATE? CODE: 0x80073712

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WONT UPDATE? CODE: 0x80073712: So I have been trying to update my pc for a hot minute and cant seem to do so. I always get the code: 0x80073712, and that "some update files are missing or have problems" I have looked up the problem multiple times and have tried every way to fix the problem but nothing...
  3. windows 10 insider 1809 wont update - have tried installing with iso -- no luck. need...

windows 10 insider 1809 wont update - have tried installing with iso -- no luck. need...: have an old windows insider version .. which is expiring soon. tried updates failed each time. tried to update from media iso file with help of ms agent - install failed about 50% way through received this error message - 0xc1900101_0x30018 Installation failed in...
  4. outlook wont accept g-mail update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    outlook wont accept g-mail update: outlook e-mail sending 5 requests for me to update it, did that and am getting upset, it wont leave me alone..how do I uninstall it all? Id like to keep it as I have been using it for years, but since I bought this new computer with windows 10 on it its been nothing but...
  5. After update, computer keeps rebooting and wont let me do repairs.

After update, computer keeps rebooting and wont let me do repairs.: I have a Gateway computer with Win 10 operating system. I had problems previously with Windows updates and long story short thought it was being caused by my HDD so I bought a SSD and did a fresh install. Everything was going swimmingly for the last few months until last...
  6. Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.: Steam worked fine yesterday but now I can't open it, I've tried uninstalling the updates but that did not work, I also uninstalled and reinstalled steam and that didn't help either. the troubleshooter said it was incompatible....
  7. User's Surface book wont accept Active directory password after an OS update.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User's Surface book wont accept Active directory password after an OS update.: The device password is correct, as it works on other machines, however the users device wont accept that password and says it's incorrect. This has started after a recent update, the OS is windows 10 pro. There are no other errors, the device has been rebooted and it is...
  8. windows 1809 update wont install

windows 1809 update wont install: The error, We could'nt update the system reserved partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1809-update-wont-install/384d17d3-b23f-4ad5-bac2-07cac579103d
  9. windows wont updating

windows wont updating: i having problem in windows updating today it shows the following message "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 2018-12 Cumulative...
  10. update pause button wont unpause, now my system is really messed up

update pause button wont unpause, now my system is really messed up: how to unpause the update pause button, system is not allowing me to do that, keeps telling me my group administer is preventing. I am the only user on my system. now that it wont update, everything is working very badly, now words on screen etc. task manager says nothing is...