Windows 10: Windows 10 wont update?

Discus and support Windows 10 wont update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, So I haven't been on my leonovo Microsoft programmed laptop for about 2 months. Now I have come back to it, it will only let me access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoseM2486, Sep 8, 2018.

1. RoseM2486 Win User

Windows 10 wont update?

Hi Guys, So I haven't been on my leonovo Microsoft programmed laptop for about 2 months. Now I have come back to it, it will only let me access the internet, word and powerpoint. I cant access my apps or photos which is very annoying! When I click on the windows button in the bottom left corner it says 'update pending, waiting to install' so when I click on , it takes me to the windows 10 update page. When I try to run the update it says its unavailable and it can't update? Help please. if you have no clue about what I'm going on about, I can send some screenshots. thanks.

:)

RoseM2486, Sep 8, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 wont update

Have you tried the second step?

(Searching for the error message e.g.

windows update database corrupt

is also a useful approach- e.g. finds
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - where the next step is the one I suggested above).

dalchina, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  4. brandonwh64 Win User

Windows 10 wont update?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 wont update?

1. Windows 10 wont update? - Similar Threads - wont update

2. Windows 10 recent update killed my pc, microsoft wont help me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 recent update killed my pc, microsoft wont help me: Ok so, a few weeks back there was a Windows update. Upon receiving this update, it installing; the computer did its normal thing once it is finished it restarts itself and boots back up running the newly updated version of Windows. Well when doing so the pc made it to the...
  3. Wont boot after Windows10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wont boot after Windows10 update: Started update today around 2pm, took about 5 hours to complete! Rebooted the laptop, now comes up with a blue screen saying a driver is corrupt or missing and wont boot any further. Only did the update because Microsoft might have fixed the issue with disk usage at...
  4. windows 10 update 1803 wont install

windows 10 update 1803 wont install: update 1803 wont install on laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1803-wont-install/4e8f52de-66bd-45a1-9da8-edad06004732
  5. Latest update made my hardrive read only and wont boot windows 10

Latest update made my hardrive read only and wont boot windows 10: Last night I started updating my laptop, when I woke up it wasn't booting. the only recovery options were shutdown or command prompt. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Ive only had my laptop for a week and the warranty only covers hardware faults...
  6. After latest Update of Windows 10, Wifi WONT Turn On

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After latest Update of Windows 10, Wifi WONT Turn On: There was an update 3 days ago. After update, i restarted my laptop and wifi cant turn back on. There is red x. As soon as i try to turn it on it goes back off. So i tried everything on this community it just didnt work. Install driver uninstall driver like you know and...
  7. After October 2018 Update, Windows 10 wont shut down normally

in Windows 10 Support
    After October 2018 Update, Windows 10 wont shut down normally: After the Windows10 October 2018 Update, has anyone had the problem the title descibes?! 119075
  8. Windows Updates wont Install

Windows Updates wont Install: For several weeks my PC has tried to automatically install the following updates:[ATTACH] I've tried downloading them using direct links but the download file just searches for updates and doesn't actually install the update. Any suggestions?...
  9. Since a update my caps lock wont light up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since a update my caps lock wont light up: please help me get my caps lock to light up when pressed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/since-a-update-my-caps-lock-wont-light-up/78fed8b4-24ee-4c6e-9102-322bf5333102
  10. PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify!

PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify!: after 3 days of trying to sort my pc after win10 updates, thought i would waste my time seeing if microsoft was interested? my machine a lenovo h520 ,config 57317718, machine type 10094, cpu 62830 h520, hdd 1t, ram 4g was win 8 updated to 10 when forced to . . . . and...