Windows 10: Windows 10 won’t update

Discus and support Windows 10 won’t update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc is very slow to startup, my video card says it has a driver error, my windows update database is corrupted, and no updates will install. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricStokes1, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won’t update

My pc is very slow to startup, my video card says it has a driver error, my windows update database is corrupted, and no updates will install. I have tried several of the command prompts to wipe the cache, to no avail. I have tried to reset, both with and without personal info and they both end with a popup stating an error has occurred and no changes were made. Im currently trying to do a clean install of windows 10 but my pc wont recognise the brand new usb drive that i just purchased to do the install. Suggestions?

:)

EricStokes1, Jan 3, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 3, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Windows 10 won’t update

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won’t update

1. Windows 10 won’t update - Similar Threads - won’t update

2. Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.: As I’ve said in the question.Windows won’t shut down:When I press on the shutdown button the screen goes blank for like 10 seconds and then it just shows me the login again.Using a .bat with shutdown /s /t 0 does work and I am currently resorting to using itWhen I try to...
  3. Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.: As I’ve said in the question.Windows won’t shut down:When I press on the shutdown button the screen goes blank for like 10 seconds and then it just shows me the login again.Using a .bat with shutdown /s /t 0 does work and I am currently resorting to using itWhen I try to...
  4. Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help! Xbox App won’t update 0x80070422 and I can’t install any Xbox Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help! Xbox App won’t update 0x80070422 and I can’t install any Xbox Games: I’ve been trying to find a solution to this code 0x80070422 but I can’t find anything that’s helpful. I tried updating my Windows 10 but that didn’t help. Then I tried downloading the game Forza Horizon 5 on the Microsoft Store thru my Library but nothing happened. Not even a...
  6. Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?: Windows 11 last update won’t let my Epson SureColor F170 print. Drivers for printer have been reinstalled numerous times. It won’t give me paper options other than rigid and no color choices. Frustrated...
  7. Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?

Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?: Windows 11 last update won’t let my Epson SureColor F170 print. Drivers for printer have been reinstalled numerous times. It won’t give me paper options other than rigid and no color choices. Frustrated...
  8. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update: Gets stuck in never ending loop of “something didn’t go right….please keep computer on”Tried hard reset but does same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-wont-restart-after-failed-update/bb190a08-d250-40f8-b836-5c7b92056e84
  9. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update: Gets stuck in never ending loop of “something didn’t go right….please keep computer on”Tried hard reset but does same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-wont-restart-after-failed-update/bb190a08-d250-40f8-b836-5c7b92056e84
  10. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont update